What do I do about a space bar that hardly ever works on a laptop??

What do I do?
    It has worked fine for a long time, then all of the sudden, it decides not to work, or I have to pound on it in order for it to space.
    What do I need to do??

Any advice is welcome.

-Jarrett

You may be able to clean it, if something has gotten under it to prevent it from working properly. Carefully remove the keyboard, and blow out the area under the keys. Depending on its construction you may even be able to pop the key off to clean the pad underneath it. However before popping off any keys remember that on many nb keyboards replacing the keys is darn near impossible, be ready to replace it before popping off any keys.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Just going on what taru said, I'd highly recommend looking up a few tutorials before you go ahead and pop off the keys. I'm pretty sure that doing so will also void your warranty - so perhaps it'd be best to send it in to the manufacturer.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Quote Originally Posted by wifiguru
    What do I do?
    It has worked fine for a long time, then all of the sudden, it decides not to work, or I have to pound on it in order for it to space.
    What do I need to do??

Any advice is welcome.

-Jarrett
    I had the same problem before, but I opt for an easier solution, which is to get a USB wireless MS keyboard (which comes with a wireless mouse too). I don't bring my laptop out often, so it wasn't much of a hassle to me.