Location of scripts in Cpanel

I'm trying to find the location of the script that installs XMB in Cpanel. I know the .tar file for the XMB script is located at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty, but I am looking for the actual script that sets XMB up on a customers site when they click on it in Cpanel.

Thanks for your help.
    A signature will go here soon...

Have you tried posting this over at Cpanel's Forums?

Yes, but it hasn't really helped. They keep pointing me to the XMB tarball in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty , but that is not where the "installboard" script called in installxmb.html is located.

What I am trying to do is see how Cpanel installs XMB and see if I can modify the script to install a different board.

"installboard" is actually an API call, not a standalone script you can find anywhere on the system.....

Many things within cpanel you'll find are controlled around this concept. If you want more details about how to dig into that, definitely bring them up at forums.cpanel.net- just make sure you're specific and somebody will have a clue.

Hopefully

From the command line, just run this:

find / -name 'nameofscript' -print

And replace nameofscript with the name of the script you're looking for
    Jay » jay@frontdrive.com • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

isildur, thanks for the info. I was afraid it was something like that. I was just hoping to save myself a little time by looking at Nicks code for installing a board and modifying it to install InvisionBoard. Well, time to get to work, it may be a long night.

type this:

locate installboard.html
    This forum officially ****ing sucks

OK, locating/finding the files within a linux OS aren't going to do anything. (coz there aren't actual FILES)

That particular command "installboard" is an API call, not a link to a script anywhere. More details at forums.cpanel.net............

hopefully we'll all elaborate on that issue over at that forum sooner than later so things are clearer.