10 mbps and 24 ips interested?

Hello everyone. There is going to be a new cogent line put in and I thought hey lets offer a great plan to everyone. I can not say that everyone can get this because I will not oversell. So lets say the first 6 people to come.

The deal is a 10 mbps all to yourself.
    24 ips (more available upon justification)
    6u's of space
    $400/month

Oh yes this is for co-location.
    If you would like to see about a dedicated server please contact me and I will see what we can do.

If your interested please do not post to this forum.
    Email me at [email protected]

where are you guys located? just currious i'm not interested in the offer though

edit: that was'nt being rude i just dont need any more servers right now, not that i would'nt use your services etc...

Re: 10 mbps and 24 ips interested?

Originally posted by Complexity
    Hello everyone. There is going to be a new cogent line put in and I thought hey lets offer a great plan to everyone. I can not say that everyone can get this because I will not oversell. So lets say the first 6 people to come.

The deal is a 10 mbps all to yourself.
    24 ips (more available upon justification)
    6u's of space
    $400/month

So there is GOING to be a Cogent line... I guess that means it's not there yet. So are you basically taking preorders from people so you can finance a new Cogent connection? If so, what will happen if after the first month 2-3 people can't pay and they cancel will you still be able to afford the line yourself? If I were to signup I would like to know that it would be a stable connection and that you don't have to rely on people to pay before hand to get a new connection coming in. What assurances would we have that won't happen?

To answer your question rastoma it's called a back up plan. Not to be smart but I don't think many people are dumb enough to begin paying for a 3k /month line when they cant afford it and if any customers were to drop. And of course to get the line with out having any kind of an income in the first place. It's always a good idea to find customers before you get it put up. Otherwise your going to be out of some money. Thats why you find customers first then you wont have to worry about going out of business even if a few dropped.

To answer your question zd we are in New York.

What part of New York?
    Norm Sherman @ Netacore
    Fast/Reliable cPanel hosting on premium bandwidth
    http://netacore.com

Why doesn't everyone just say the datacenter name and its address? ( address is sometimes acceptable to leave out. )

Tertraboy, I think a name at least would suffice.

To answer your question rastoma it's called a back up plan. Not to be smart but I don't think many people are dumb enough to begin paying for a 3k /month line when they cant afford it and if any customers were to drop.
    Complexity,

You would be surprised how many people do just that...... there are 3 people that I can confirm from these forums in the last 3 months alone that have contacted me offering bw for cost. No one has came through because of them not find enough people to buy enough so they can afford it.

Also, don't take offense but by being new here and not giving any details about a true data center makes one believe this is another startup business trying to get a cheap line possibly in an office building and not a true data center.

Please give us more details if this is not true.

Thats why Im offering (big) deals so it will be easily affordable. Of course you wont be able to find a hundred people to sale to. If you find 5-10 that are interested in 10 - 20 mbps each then bam you easily will be able to afford it.

I don't care about the forum and how new I am. If I don't seem real don't go with my services but obviously if I wanted to lie about where I was at I could easily get the address of any data center out there and post it on here. Whats to say I am in the data center im in if I give you the address anyways. See the point. Theres no extra info needed right now.

To answer your question zd we are in New York.
    Complex, I am in NY myself. Unfortunately, New York is a rather large state and I am sure it would help your sales pitch if you would list your address so those of that are in the same state could perhaps take a peak inside?

...if I wanted to lie about where I was at I could easily get the address of any data center out there and post it on here. Whats to say I am in the data center im in if I give you the address anyways. See the point. Theres no extra info needed right now.
    Last edited by netacore; 07-08-2002 at 03:23 PM.
    Norm Sherman @ Netacore
    Fast/Reliable cPanel hosting on premium bandwidth
    http://netacore.com

Thats why Im offering (big) deals so it will be easily affordable. Of course you wont be able to find a hundred people to sale to. If you find 5-10 that are interested in 10 - 20 mbps each then bam you easily will be able to afford it.

I don't care about the forum and how new I am. If I don't seem real don't go with my services but obviously if I wanted to lie about where I was at I could easily get the address of any data center out there and post it on here. Whats to say I am in the data center im in if I give you the address anyways. See the point. Theres no extra info needed right now.
    Because you can't hide anything in these forums... there's not a DC out there (a true legitimate DC that is) that we don't know about. So if you post an address it won't be hard at all to find out if you're there or not.. because most of the techs in the DC's monitor these forums.

You've basically reassured me and I'm sure others of what you're trying to do.. you've even admitted it.. that you're trying to start a business with no money so you need 4-5 people to finance your Cogent line for you.... which more than likely is in an office somewhere.

And with your attitude of no more info is needed right now then it's assured what you're doing as stated above and with that attidude I hope to goodness no one wastes a dime on it.

Next time start a business like we all did... slowly and small. Jumping on the cogent bandwagon by getting people to pay for it up front before you even have it installed doesn't qualify.

hey what the major DCs' and where are they located??

I do not see what makes a "datacenter" so special compared to an office, especially when dealing with cities like Los Angeles. You can find office buildings in the heart of LA on Wilshire Blvd that offer full power backup via generators, fire protection for computers, etc - and yes Cogent will install lines here...

Originally posted by Woogs
    I do not see what makes a "datacenter" so special compared to an office, especially when dealing with cities like Los Angeles. You can find office buildings in the heart of LA on Wilshire Blvd that offer full power backup via generators, fire protection for computers, etc - and yes Cogent will install lines here...
    So if someone has an $89 UPS from Office Depot in their bedroom and have an air conditioner in there does that mean it's just as special as a datacenter?

No typical office building is ever wired to accomodate hundreds or thousands of machines inside of ONE office suite.... no centralized surge protection, no high end redundant HVAC.

I am not saying a bedroom first of all.
    I said office building, and yes some do not have what is needed.

But when you are in the major downtown areas of large cities many of SOME buildings come equipped with all that is needed and will work just fine.
    Ryan Brown
    The Burgh Live, LLC - Pittsburgh, PA
    www.tblive.com / www.tbns.net

Show me an office that has raised floors... which is vital when you have machines on top of other machines for adequate cooling.

Raised floors?
    Use server racks and don't support tower cases. AC in the room will keep it plenty cool.
    Ryan Brown
    The Burgh Live, LLC - Pittsburgh, PA
    www.tblive.com / www.tbns.net

Woogs, I would say that, downtown Los Angeles, virtually everybody is located in the hub of telecommunications, former WF building. I don't know if you have already visited that building but it's a good example of what makes a difference between regular office buildings and a genuine data center.
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.