imhosted.com FRAUD - please HELP!

Awhile back I posted about imhosted.com, and said that I had canceled my account there; but I didn't trust them and would keep an eye on my credit card.

Well, 4 months later, they just started adding charges!

I canceled my account on 3/3 within their trial period; and have the email where they confirm that I owe them nothing. No charges until now, I just checked, and they put 2 charges on my credit card on 7/2.

I noticed the transactions say "imhosted.com by pp" Is that PayPal they are using?

What's the quickest way to get this reversed? A chargeback? Contact Paypal? I really don't think I should contact imhosted.com since you can't trust them.

I'd get your credit card company to deal with it. Advise them that this company are making unauthorised charges to your account and they should be able to put a stop to it.

Chargeback, i'd doubt paypal would do anything about it

Re: imhosted.com FRAUD - please HELP!

Chrisb...

I would first try and contact imhosted.com, and see if they can take care of this mistake.

Second, if the charges are not removed, then contact your CC company. They are always more than willing to help out getting your money back.

Steve

Originally posted by chrisb
    Awhile back I posted about imhosted.com, and said that I had canceled my account there; but I didn't trust them and would keep an eye on my credit card.

Well, 4 months later, they just started adding charges!

I canceled my account on 3/3 within their trial period; and have the email where they confirm that I owe them nothing. No charges until now, I just checked, and they put 2 charges on my credit card on 7/2.

I noticed the transactions say "imhosted.com by pp" Is that PayPal they are using?

What's the quickest way to get this reversed? A chargeback? Contact Paypal? I really don't think I should contact imhosted.com since you can't trust them.
    Steven Santinelli
    www.sms-hosting.com - Premium Web Hosting
    www.sms-telecom.com - Low cost long distance/800 Service!

I agree with steven... you should always try to contact the hosting company first and tell them the problem. however if they cant/don't reverse the charges THEN you go to you credit card company.

Originally posted by whw
    I agree with steven... you should always try to contact the hosting company first and tell them the problem. however if they cant/don't reverse the charges THEN you go to you credit card company.
    Yup, alot of times, it might just be the CC processing company that imhosted is using. imhosted might not even be aware of the problem.

Steve
    Steven Santinelli

I'm supposed to give him the courtesy of asking him to remove it? Why? I don't trust him and have good reason not to. So why should I extend to him the courtesy of asking for a refund? And even if he says he'll do it, I won't believe him.

I'm supposed to give him the courtesy of asking him to remove it? Why? I don't trust him and have good reason not to. So why should I extend to him the courtesy of asking for a refund? And even if he says he'll do it, I won't believe him.
    Well then... If that's how you feel, then I believe your only alternative is to go through your Credit Card company. They can always take care of it for you.

Steve
    Steven Santinelli

Chris, like Santoman was saying "I would first try and contact imhosted.com, and see if they can take care of this mistake. "

Wise idea...

Anyhow, we apologize for the mistake.

The second charge from us was a mistake, we have already reversed this charge and you have been given a credit. Please check your CC# statement.

The first charge was not a mistake. You signed up for our Mega Special offer which includes a non-refundable $10 setup fee. This is clearly stated on our money back policy page.

This mistake occured in the first place because we could not charge your card on numerous ocasions! As a result, you were left on ACTIVE which meant the system kept producing invoices.

Hidden charges for a hosting company?? Do you guys think you are AT&T or something?

I do believe that it is stated as he said. So Therefore there is no hidden charges. However, I don't see it listed on there page it says FREE Setup Fee.

http://www.imhosted.com/sp_offer.html
    Setup Fee: $10

http://www.imhosted.com/guarantee.shtml
    "you will be given a full refund of the contract amount excluding setup fees and overages."

Originally posted by ImHosted
    Chris, like Santoman was saying "I would first try and contact imhosted.com, and see if they can take care of this mistake. "
    Wise idea...
    No, it isn't. You cannot be trusted. You do something illegal, and have the nerve to tell "me" what is wise!?!?! Some nerve!

Anyhow, we apologize for the mistake.
    It was "intentional", and you know it. Don't try and BS me. I've been around too long for that.

The second charge from us was a mistake, we have already reversed this charge and you have been given a credit. Please check your CC# statement.

The first charge was not a mistake. You signed up for our Mega Special offer which includes a non-refundable $10 setup fee. This is clearly stated on our money back policy page.
    Both charges are invalid. No charge is warranted. Refer to my cancellation email notice. Also, refer to the cancellation FAX that I sent.

This mistake occured in the first place because we could not charge your card on numerous ocasions! As a result, you were left on ACTIVE which meant the system kept producing invoices.
    God! This lie "really" burns me up! That card has always had much more available on it than what I owed you.

For argument's sake: let's just imagine for a moment that what you said is true about not being able to charge my credit card; then why have you not bothered to contact me about it in 3 months? You see, that's because it is NOT true, and your argument doesn't hold water. You are some piece of work!

BTW, this person even kept me on his mailing list after I canceled for over 2 months. I haven't received any more spam from him in over 2 weeks, so I hope he finally took me off.

To ImHosted: You can say whatever you like. However, I would strongly recommend that you remove all charges immediately. If you do not remove all charges immediately, I will "definitely" get a chargeback, and consider tracking you down for criminal prosecution. It would be "wise" of you to listen.
    Last edited by chrisb; 07-07-2002 at 02:31 AM.

To ImHosted: You can say whatever you like. However, I would strongly recommend that you remove all charges immediately. If you do not remove all charges immediately, I will "definitely" get a chargeback, and consider tracking you down for criminal prosecution. It would be "wise" of you to listen. [/B]
    This is so frustrating from a client's point of view. It's a violation of sorts, much like someone coming into your home and stealing. I was in the unfortunate position several years ago with a stock information company where they kept billing me for 5mths after I cancelled the account and moved on. These were not small charges either. I ended up just cancelling the credit card as chargebacks from Australia was about as pleasant as tooth extraction.

Imhosted: this is not something you should fight, especially not here at WHT.

To the community here: does anyone know a great website that teaches and equips people to fight unwarrented charges on one's credit card?
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Talking

Originally posted by bambenek
    Hidden charges for a hosting company?? Do you guys think you are AT&T or something?
    LOL... That was good... I hate AT&T....

Sorry, couldnt resist ... We now bring you our regularly scheduled program, already in progress.
    Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) Brain Cancer Awareness. May is Brain Cancer awareness month. Gray Matters!
    Incurable, 6-18 months prognosis, survivors longer than 3 years less than 1% chance.
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.