Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you for the info, at once I even go as far to think that why not just stick with shared hosting. I realized that shared hosting is very limited.

Nice Article but I still feel that vps is not up to it as yet

Very interesting read.
    HostXNow - cPanel Web Hosting | Since 2009
    Fast, Secure & Reliable Managed Pure SSD Hosting
    Helpful and friendly 24x7 Support via Chat & Helpdesk
    Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Backup Hosting

Sorry not meaning to hijack this thread but after reading it i got a question,

Most VPS offer something like 2 IP per purchase and more can be rented, but does it mean that they are on different c class ip if not specified?

i found a lot of useful info here, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bupler View Post
    Sorry not meaning to hijack this thread but after reading it i got a question,

Most VPS offer something like 2 IP per purchase and more can be rented, but does it mean that they are on different c class ip if not specified?
    They're usually on the same C Class but the provider will allow you to have different ones on request.

I see, thank you. I recently got a VPS without Cpanel / Plesk and it was pretty horrible for a new user. I looked up free alternatives for Cpanel and I found out Webmin, but for a newbie like me Webmin is a lot harder compared to Cpanel. With Cpanel all I had to do is go to Addon Domain, enter the domain address, and I'm done. In Webmin it seems a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bupler View Post
    I see, thank you. I recently got a VPS without Cpanel / Plesk and it was pretty horrible for a new user. I looked up free alternatives for Cpanel and I found out Webmin, but for a newbie like me Webmin is a lot harder compared to Cpanel. With Cpanel all I had to do is go to Addon Domain, enter the domain address, and I'm done. In Webmin it seems a lot harder.
    Yes, I prefer cPanel/WHM too. Definitely worth the extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by klasiknet2 View Post
    Sometimes Resellers was more expensive than the VPS ..
    They can be when comparing say UK to US providers, unmanaged to managed, realistic to unrealistic plans/servers, etc. Just remember "you get what you pay for" and "if it's too good to be true, it probably is".

Not Worth It For Me

For me VPS wouldn't we worth it because everything I do is so small scale.

VPS are expensive but if you want to start a hosting company then you should start with a VPS to avoid any problems with Reseller

Quote Originally Posted by 313Host View Post
    VPS are expensive but if you want to start a hosting company then you should start with a VPS to avoid any problems with Reseller
    VPS are expensive? Must be kidding.. Take a loot at the offers section.. Reputable hosts sell 512 Mb xen ( with 1 gig of swap) good I/O and access time, 1.5Tb of BW and 15gb of raid 10 for 8 bucks. Is that expensive? errr i do not think so

Stick with VPS.

IMHO, for star tup or beginner in webhosting, reseller is best choice, if your business are potential than migrate to VPS / Dedicated.

Thе three letters “VPS” bring a smile tο thе faces οf knowledgeable webmasters аnd IT people. Standing fοr “Virtual Private Server,” thе acronym іѕ particularly cheering tο companies аnԁ individuals thаt need thеіr οwn dedicated server bυt саnnοt afford one, οr аrе nοt ready tο commit. Wіth VPS, thе corporal server space іѕ divided іntο partitions (thе VPS’s) thаt act thе same аѕ standalone servers. Buу thе appropriate disk real estate аnԁ уου саn safely isolate yourself frοm аnу “neighbors” аnԁ keep yourself in distinctive despite life “disk-mates.”
    Now, whаt іѕ reseller hosting, tο whісh wе wish tο compare VPS? It саn bе defined quite simply аnԁ straightforwardly аѕ having accounts іn a shared server environment, јυѕt аbουt thе same thing аѕ shared hosting.

I would say start off with a reseller account and move on to vps

as you need it simply choose a host that will grow with your plan

that offers reseller vps vps reseller dedicated server

Quote Originally Posted by Archbob View Post
    VPS is much more expensive than usuall reseller hosting. I don't see VPS taking over reseller hosting anytime soon.
    Some companies offer very low prices for VPS hosting so I don't agree

VPS is really rare now a days but still "Reseller" is on TOP. VPS is much expensive than VPS still Now. Any Web Master would like to hire a Reseller Now a days.

But You Rocks man...

If you have a good running company that is creating many accounts its best to just stick with a VPS but VPS's are still pretty expensive.

I chose reseller as a first step into webhosting as it let me learn the basics of c-panel, whm & whmc, but as someone who likes more control over the low level running of things in the near future I will probably opt for VPS or dedicated. Leaning more toward dedicated tho.

So for me reseller great as a learning tool but ultimate is dedicated

I recommend a Reseller plan as most of the technical stuff is handled by your host.

VPS Servers require a level of understanding.

VPS is much more expensive than usuall reseller hosting. I don't see VPS taking over reseller hosting anytime soon.

Now i have reseller account from hg, and so far so good

24. I don't see VPS taking over reseller hosting anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzag-Hosting View Post
    I don't see VPS taking over reseller hosting anytime soon.
    copy pasting coz posts.

I think you can try both, reselling is the easier way.

Different needs can choose, vps more flexible, sharehosting cheaper...

There are providers that offers cPanel and full set up for VPS so it does not have to be so complicated and you get your own "space".

This is cream of the cake for me, frankly - I dont mean to sound cheezy lol! VPS would do me well when we are able to do more business, so i'm glad i read this.

Most places do charge an arm and a leg for VPS; but it's cheaper than dedicated.

You can make end number of reseller's, this is benefit of VPS hosting.
    http://www.infihosting.com: Perfect Hosting Solution

VPS is better because you manage almost A to Z your machine. You can install all application you want, you don't depend on a shared hosting server and other people being host.

Go for VPS 100%!

By far, This is the best article I have read so far! Thanks!

Cheapest modest VPS is around $10/month, cpanel @ $15/month, WHMCS @ $15.
    For $40 will get @ 27 GB space, @ 512 MB RAM, 500 GB traffic and a lot of headache if you are newbie.
    Just get the reseller as some host provide everything you need and you'll have time to sell.
    Last edited by ReoHostLtd; 12-20-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    ReoHost.com
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS |
    cPanel | Softacolous | Solus VM
    10 days FREE trial with no limits!

There is quite alot more features to a VPS such as access to the SSH. And smaller things like being able to Reboot your Node if something is slow or not working that well. It's just those small features that could be worth all the money.

This thread has provided me with a nice introduction to VPS and Reseller hosting.Happy To be here.

If you are expert to handle the technical issues then for for VPS otherwise Reseller hosting is always a good option
    WebCare360™ - Anonymous Offshore Hosting & DDoS Protection Solutions
    Shared Hosting | VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers | DDoS Protection
    █ @FaceBook | @Twitter | sales[@]webcare360.com

Quote Originally Posted by Archbob View Post
    A lot has changed since this post

Quote Originally Posted by starsearcher View Post
    Well, it depends on people.
    It always does. Servers don't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebCare360 View Post
    If you are expert to handle the technical issues then for for VPS otherwise Reseller hosting is always a good option
    I totally agree with you. I do not have enough time and knowledge to handle by myself VPS. So, I use re-seller host

Quote Originally Posted by w0nder1land View Post
    I totally agree with you. I do not have enough time and knowledge to handle by myself VPS. So, I use re-seller host
    Mind providing name(s) if possible? I've been through a pile of bad ones
    Problem arises ( in my case at least with VPS's) when customer requests cPanel or such for just pennies.

Re-Seller hosting obviously requires less expertise than a VPS, as the host will essentially do most of it for you.

Based in the UK, cyberhostpro are a reliable host for re-seller packages, although im not sure how they price up against others. Their support is excellent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast