Thread: Sago down?

Sago down?

From here is down.. Telus

here is down too, three servers plus their page.

down here too in usa. 63.246.x.x ip. hyperspin alerted me, sagonet.com is unreachable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ANewDay
    down here too in usa. 63.246.x.x ip. hyperspin alerted me, sagonet.com is unreachable as well.
    down here in Canada.. 63.246.xxx.xxx server as well...
    serviceuptime.com alerted me - just messed up my 100% uptime with them... really sucks!

i can't believe after all the issues in the past, Sago still doesn't host their own site elsewhere (or have redundant DNS - switching to another server/carrier if something goes wrong) to keep their users up to date on what's going on the rare time something's up? really disappointing... and scary

up for 1 minute or so, but down again.

Quote Originally Posted by phactor
    up for 1 minute or so, but down again.
    looks to be back up for me...

what was that... 21 minutes?

yep, up again and around 20 mins.

sleep again.. 6AM!

I hope they are upgrading their network..

down again

Look like it's up and down.. more down then up

Quote Originally Posted by juju
    Look like it's up and down.. more down then up
    Unbelievable.. down again here as well...

sagonet.com was not reachable once during the course of this downtime..

up and down, up and down...

I called them, there's a problem with global crossing carrier. That's what we get for being single-homed, no redundancy....

I called them, there's a problem with global crossing carrier. That's what we get for being single-homed, no redundancy....
    thanks for the update ANewDay - mucho appreciated

but this is the kind of update we should be getting from Sago themselves (if not on their website, which SHOULD BE UP, at least on here since they seem to frequent WHT a lot)

i'm really disappointed in them today...

Glbx isn't their only uplink carrier, what I'm guessing (keep in mind this is a guess and may or may not be affecting this) is that they have glbx prioritized in their router(s) thus it gets more of the traffic.

I too have a system there, it is up presently.

I meant inbound to their servers, gblx is the only one used afaik. They dropped level3 recently.

This is only a brief summary of what led to the outage that occurred early Thursday morning on March 15th. One of Sago’s core routers failed temporarily at approximately1:30am on Thursday. Peering with GLBX dropped at that time and effectively shut connectivity down until the router reloaded its configuration. The core router made a second reload a short while later and interrupted network connectivity again. We have contacted the manufacturer to identify the cause for this hardware malfunction and are awaiting a reply regarding the issue. Ironically, we were already in the process of preparing a new fully redundant core with greater expandability and functionality. We also have an immediate project to mirror our http://sagonet.com website to our newest datacenter in Atlanta. Progress on acquiring our additional bandwidth providers is moving, but not fast enough for us or our customers. Thanks again to our customers for their continued patience.

Perhaps you should have dropped level 3 after you have new carriers, instead of before. Your website being up is the least of our concerns. Our servers are the primary concern and it was down an hour.

I find this very unacceptable!! New carriers has been promised long before level3 was dropped. Where is the progress? Imagine a wide-scale ddos, it can bring the network to its knees quite easily :-/

We're working on it, believe me.. but these negotiations are taking time. Too much time for my (and your) liking. But unfortunately it can't be helped.

Mastery of redundant routing?

Quoted from Sago's website:

"Our mastery of redundant routing ensures maximum service availability for our customers."

sagonet.com/datacenter/network.php

servers down again, unable to ping nearby IPs as well. Probably affecting certain subnet(s) only.

servers down again, unable to ping nearby IPs as well. Probably affecting certain subnet(s) only.
    What happened this time?

There wasn't a network outage here..