Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FDCservers info

Exclamation FDCservers info

There are so many posts on FDC that I decided to make it an own thread to reply to them. This is also an answer to some people that PMed me.

I exchanged several emails with Petr today and they were all answered promptly. Also I have 3 boxes with him although I hav my own colo cause I am perfectly satisfied with the service.

There are two major issues discussed here in several threads. One is that Petr is not available and the second that servers are slow.

1) He is available always I can confirm that. He had some emails bouncing back however and I am under the impression people here use a wrong email address. Petr is definitely contactable at [email protected] or [email protected]

2) He is currently VERY busy (one of the reasons he hasn't been on ICQ) with implementing 2 new 100mbit pipes. I guess that will take care of the speed issue some here experience

FDC/Petr provide an excellent service and although they are direct competitors I can only recommend them!
      0 Not allowed!

Re: FDCservers info

Originally posted by ShareFile
    I am perfectly satisfied with the service.
    Is your server down at the current moment ?

KC.
      0 Not allowed!

My server is back up and seems to be responding faster than ever. Only I still haven't received me CPanel info from Petr so I still can't get my sites set up again
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: FDCservers info

Originally posted by k6cheung

Is your server down at the current moment ?

KC.
    Yes it was down :/
    Hasn't happened for some time though... I guess when the 2 new pipes are up things will be better...
      0 Not allowed!

Have you been monitoring your server closely? They have been under heavy, heavy DOS attacks all day.
      0 Not allowed!

I am really sorry about any downtime.... we are being attacke right at this moment. We are implementing new firewall which should help to avoid these problems

once again we`re really sorry about any inconviniece
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by bummer6666
    I am really sorry about any downtime.... we are being attacke right at this moment. We are implementing new firewall which should help to avoid these problems
    Are you attacked in general or jsut someone on your net? If second is the case then null route.

Care to share an IP of the attacker with me? I could show him how it feels like what he is doing to you...

I can also hook you up with FOONET. He is THE expert in DoS Protection and I am sure he would help a fellow host out of such an injust mess...
      0 Not allowed!

What kind of time frame will this be done do u think Petr?
      0 Not allowed!

bah my server there is unresponsive also as well as fdcservers.net

still any update on when you will be back up?
      0 Not allowed!

Let's sum it up.

FDCserver was down for a GOOD 4 hours last nite and still having problems right now. (loss packets)

Did you guys just give up complaining or your box is fine now ?
      0 Not allowed!

Let's sum it up.

FDCserver was down for a GOOD 4 hours last nite and still having problems right now. (loss packets)

Did you guys just give up complaining or your box is fine now ?
    I think people at WHT expect too much. I mean $89/month for 10Mbps un-metered connection. I seriously wonder how they going to make money with that price.
      0 Not allowed!

yeah, I shouldn't complaining about downtime(S) because I am only paying $89/month....

I know , I know.. I get what I paid for.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

yeah, I shouldn't complaining about downtime(S) because I am only paying $89/month....

I know , I know.. I get what I paid for.
    Mate! DoS attack can happen to anyone. It is the internet version of terrorism and the victim, FDC in this case, is surely NOT to blame! In such times we should show our support and compassion and not talk such crap!
      0 Not allowed!

I am by no means advocating RackShack, because if you've read my other thread, I have definitely had my share of problems with them. But let me get this straight here, ShareFile. Rackshack screws up, and you just can't stop yourself from flaming them and saying how bad they are. FDC screws up, and you only advocate them further. Eh?
      0 Not allowed!

seems sharefile has his select people/companies he likes to flame me and i'm sure everyone notices it and i for myself can't figure out why but i guess thats his deal

just my 2cents
      0 Not allowed!

He gets kickbacks - im sure of it
      0 Not allowed!

Why do you make your service look so bad by coming on WHT to let your customers know whats happening?

Make a mailing list and let your customers know by emailiing them!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by hosticle

Why do you make your service look so bad by coming on WHT to let your customers know whats happening?

You've got to be kidding.

A provider doesn't make themselves look bad by coming here and explaining what happened. If all he did was contact his users directly then all the people that have viewed this thread that are NOT customers and that could possibly be interested in his services will not know what's going on. Future customers have as much need to know what's going as anyone else. And a DOS attack is not BAD against a provider.... everyone can get hit by a DOS and it's practically impossible to keep it from happening.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by hosticle

Peter is just being honest, I'd prefer an honest provider rather than someone who hides the truth by using mailing lists.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ccole
    I am by no means advocating RackShack, because if you've read my other thread, I have definitely had my share of problems with them. But let me get this straight here, ShareFile. Rackshack screws up, and you just can't stop yourself from flaming them and saying how bad they are. FDC screws up, and you only advocate them further. Eh?
    There is a major difference. FDC get/got DoSed and that's all to it. RackShacks problems arise from ignorance and carelessness of their staff and leadership. THAT is what I don't like.
    When RackShack got DoSes I felt for them and surely did not flame them for beeing DoSed. But when they destroy businesses I DO flame them and I think I am 100% to do so. Check latest incident here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=59431
      0 Not allowed!

Hey, looks like Robert is joining in another RackShack bash, most professional from a competitor.

Are you going to answer Daniel's question on Cogent XP yet Robert? You wouldn't want to deceive your customers, would you...
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by voxtreme-matt
    Hey, looks like Robert is joining in another RackShack bash, most professional from a competitor.

Are you going to answer Daniel's question on Cogent XP yet Robert? You wouldn't want to deceive your customers, would you...
    Your not my customer and never will be

BTW: I obtained my bashing license with my 1.5 years of customership with them my dear soextreme-matt
      0 Not allowed!

Well at least we agree on something then.

By your, I meant users who may be interested in signing up with you, or existing clients - just fyi.

0 Not allowed!

Maybe so, I have nothing against you posting opinions / problems with them. But it gets tiresome for me, and I would think 99.9% of the rest of WHT reading your endless RS bashes, that are posted time after time. It does you more damage than it does them.

0 Not allowed!

1) So that is how you got your 1198 posts, by posting twice to everything
    2) What has my CogentXP Premium Service to do with the topic of this thread?
    3) I don't bash. I tell the truth. And I haven't even told the worse yet. As to "99.9% of the rest of WHT reading"... I don't care what people think. I say what I have to say, that's why nature gave my a mouth and fingers to type. And anyone who does not like that can *censored*
    We live in a democracy, IF you have noticed Mr. SoExtreme(ist)-Matt
      0 Not allowed!

1) So that is how you got your 1198 posts, by posting twice to everything
    Pathetic. I posted twice because I read your editted reply. If you take post counts that seriously, you are very sad.

2) What has my CogentXP Premium Service to do with the topic of this thread?
    I brought this up because it seems you have the conscience to bash others hosts, yet still deceiving users about your own service?

3) I don't bash. I tell the truth. And I haven't even told the worse yet. As to "99.9% of the rest of WHT reading"... I don't care what people think. I say what I have to say, that's why nature gave my a mouth and fingers to type. And anyone who does not like that can *censored*
    We live in a democracy, IF you have noticed Mr. SoExtreme(ist)-Matt
    Fine. Tell us the truth about your CogentXP service then. I, like many others, are still waiting for an answer.
    We live in a democracy. Freedom of speed exists to an extent. However, the bottom line is that someone else owns this forum and can impose any rules / restrictions they like, and you are at liberty to use them.

Reverting to [poor] attempts and insulting me personally does nothing to boost your credibility. If I wanted to go as low as you do, your post history provides me with plenty of ammuntion. However, contrary to your beliefs, I am not an extremist, I just want:
    a) users to know the truth about your CogentXP service
    b) visitors to have a better experience on this forum, instead of reading through "RS this,... RS that..."

Matt

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by voxtreme-matt
    ...someone else owns this forum and can impose any rules / restrictions they like...
    Exactly, and as sure as hell ain't YOU mate
      0 Not allowed!

i would'nt ever use his cogent XP(ERIENCE) crap since his attitude is absolute SH**, all i ever hear from you sharefile is ranting and bashing

i have used rackshack and i have used fdc

i would have stayed at rackshack had'nt been for the faulty amd duron problems

and i dont pay for the server @ fdc but its the crapiest bandwidth i have ever seen in my life, my cable is the suckiest ever and its faster than fdc they have way way oversold thier servers since they got popular then now people are geting mad.

so get facts straight before bashing rackshack and talking praises on fdc , because i guarantee rackshack bandwidth will blow away fdc hands down every time.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by zdwebhosting
    i would'nt ever use his cogent XP(ERIENCE)...
    Too bad, you don't know what you are missing... Premium bandwith XPerience at Cogent prices...

i would have stayed at rackshack had'nt been for the faulty amd duron problems
    so you were with them and canceled, lol, but still they rule.. well am I rude now if I say that you suck?

and talking praises on fdc...
    I am not praising FDC, I am only giving the (real) access details and that BESIDES the (sucking) downtime they have a good service. RackShack doesn't have a good service either if they are up or down... but you should know... you cancelled with them
      0 Not allowed!

and i dont pay for the server @ fdc but its the crapiest bandwidth i have ever seen in my life, my cable is the suckiest ever and its faster than fdc they have way way oversold thier servers since they got popular then now people are geting mad.

WOW You must have really good cable cause according to this http://www.wofut.com/bw/ you pushed almost 1.5TB of traffic at FDC in about 2 months for $99/month
      0 Not allowed!

WOW You must have really good cable cause according to this http://www.wofut.com/bw/ you pushed almost 1.5TB of traffic at FDC in about 2 months for $99/month
    i guess u get your piece of the pie but its no way as fast as it was

before i was told i would be able to push over a terabyte to 1.5

and it did until it got oversold and now it can do ~600 gigs a month

i guess for the price its not bad but exactly like i said its not compareable to rackshack
      0 Not allowed!

people want everything for nothing these days
      0 Not allowed!

so you were with them and canceled, lol, but still they rule.. well am I rude now if I say that you suck?
    did you even read my post or just go off rambleing at the mouth?

i said i canceled there because of faulty hardware , did'nt have a single thing to do with bandwidth , do you understand that or will i have to type this a few more times to get it through your head?

read posts first post later
      0 Not allowed!

i guess u get your piece of the pie but its no way as fast as it was

before i was told i would be able to push over a terabyte to 1.5

and it did until it got oversold and now it can do ~600 gigs a month

i guess for the price its not bad but exactly like i said its not compareable to rackshack
    well FDC didn`t tell you that, you probably assumed that because it was said on this forum that some of FDC client pushed 1.5TB/month.
    I wouldn`t say oversold because if you have 2 servers connected on 100mbit port to 100mbit backbone , they are both capable of utilizing that entire bandwidth %100

I am not going to get to any arguments with anybody and this is my last post under this topic , just would like to make few points from providers standpoint (this is not ment for zdwebhosting)

1. There are sometimes customers that you can never make happy no matter what you do

2. Every company have problems sometimes (hardware, support, network , etc ) - you can be rackshack, FDC, server beach etc and those problems will come - and it`s just about how will company handle those problems

3. Some people would like get everything free or they would like providers to sell bellow their cost and than those very same customers scream if the company goes out of business

4. I`ve been personaly selling hardware on message boards just like WHT for last 4 years. I just never experienced so much rudeness, disrespect and unfriendliness compared what`s going on here. This topic started by Sharefile to leave some infrmation to other clients (which I thank him for ) and look where it got him

just my 2 cents :-)
      0 Not allowed!

did you even read my post or just go off rambleing at the mouth?

i said i canceled there because of faulty hardware , did'nt have a single thing to do with bandwidth , do you understand that or will i have to type this a few more times to get it through your head?

read posts first post later
    I am talking about crappy SERVICE... and you didn't cancel for crappy hardware but because they failed to replace it... takes more to cancel and leave money behind (cause they rather die then refund btw) then a crappy piece of hardware.

I still think you suck
      0 Not allowed!

I still think you suck
    You're one of the rudest, most unprofessional person I've ever seen In my life. You really don't understand how bad you look in my eyes when you say some of the things you do...

And don't even bother trying to start an argument like you always do, I won't even bother wasting my time responding...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by 311

You're one of the rudest, most unprofessional person I've ever seen In my life. You really don't understand how bad you look in my eyes when you say some of the things you do...

And don't even bother trying to start an argument like you always do, I won't even bother wasting my time responding...
    k
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by 311

dont worry man i expected as much here's what he im'd me on aim the first piece of code is not all there because i closed it somthing being said about i was on his smart person list and now moved to his dumbass list or somthing to that effect when he imed me

-----------
    young noble cK: i'm sharefile
    young noble cK: off wht
    zacintecumseh: hi
    young noble cK: :-)
    zacintecumseh: u like being rude on WHT dont you?
    young noble cK: yeah
    young noble cK: i'm a real bitch
    young noble cK:
    young noble cK: you're my next target
    zacintecumseh: yep i can tell
    zacintecumseh: sweet
    zacintecumseh: sadly enough all my custojmers have
    came from word of mouth
    zacintecumseh: so get to bashing :-)

--------------

young noble cK: yo, when u add ur bank acct to
    paypal, is that instant? can i start