Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

$89/month 10Mbit un-meetered dedicated server

We are introducing a new dedicated server line.

pIII 1.1ghz
    *128mb ram
    *20gig hard drive
    Un-meetered 10Mbit connection to verio
    FreeBSD 4.6
    Webmin version: .999
    1 Ip to start 10 free with justification

-- THIS IS FOR NON-ADULT CONTENT SITES -- we will have another plan shortly for adult sites we are sorry.

$89.00 /month
    $299 one time setup

* Ram can be upgraded
    * Hard drive can be upgraded

We might be adding a portmaster account and an apc account to this plan.

Portmaster account - Allows you to connect to our serial server and access the server's console. Example, your box does down and you can not ssh into it you can connect via serial and act as if you were sitting infront of it with a monitor.

APC account - Allows you to login to the APC and power-cycle your server for manual reboots.

Our verio datacenter that we are located in contains the FreeBSD mirrors ftp2.freebsd.org and cvsup2.freebsd.org. Our average data transfers from these mirrors is about 9Mbits/sec. We are connect with dual gige's with verio.

You can ping or traceroute 66.197.0.152, 128.121.6.15 for speed tests

If you are interested in this plan please contact me at zak.thompson@prohosters.com

We might release another plan but with Linux redhat and some other control panel but we have not made that decision yet.
      0 Not allowed!

Wow....that sounds like a really good deal I might have to take you up on that any idea when the details of the adult content package will be available?
      0 Not allowed!

$89 a month for a 10MBPS connection, un-metered... and verio to boot...

Damn. That's impressive... although that HD and RAM would need an upgrade for sure.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes it is, and I hope people will take advantage of it. All hardware upgrades are a one time fee. So it doesn't hurt that much.
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

$89/month for a 10MBit Verio connection? Wow! Good luck, Zak, I bet you'll get plenty of orders
    Jay » jay@frontdrive.com • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/
      0 Not allowed!

The first question that arises in me is: is this truly a dedicated 10 MBIT or is it shared between a few servers?
      0 Not allowed!

Excuse me and correct me if I am wrong. The last time I spoke with a Verio rep I got quoted for 155$ per mbit. Let it be a miracle price cause your dad owns Verio of 120$/mbit.. That makes 1200$ only for the connection.

Can I order 100mbit from you then for 10x89$ = 890$ per month please. You can even keep the servers or donate them to a charity organization.

Although the 299$ setup fee sounds fishy.. you wouldn't disappear from the net after a month, or?
      0 Not allowed!

We have been around for 2.5 years and host several large clients, we have a number of clients all doing between 40-100Mbits alone just by themselfs

when you do as much traffic as we do with verio you would be surprised to see how much the prices drop.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ZakT4PH
    We have been around for 2.5 years and host several large clients, we have a number of clients all doing between 40-100Mbits alone just by themselfs

when you do as much traffic as we do with verio you would be surprised to see how much the prices drop.
    Hahahahaaaaa yeah right... below 8$ per mbit. Let's even assume you oversell like crazy how low can it be? 20? 30? So you are getting Verio for cheaper then Cogent. Good one. There is a new Jokes forum coming here on WHT I heard you should have posted there

Do you have an offer WITHOUT setup? Let it be >150$ per month, I don't mind... No? Didn't think so...
      0 Not allowed!

I never said that is what we get our bandwidth at. you have a 10mbit connection to our fiber lines, this is no different from what rackshack does. YES this is a shared connection with a couple other people, NO we will not oversell the pipe no we are not stupid and please do not make us say things that we have not said.

like I said before how is this different from what rackshack does? I do not want to get into a big war with this i'm just trying to sell a new service that we are going to offer.
      0 Not allowed!

Zak, I am interested in hearing how you set this up to be profitable. You have a right to privacy for your business plan, but I think you should at least try to justify how you do the math.

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

<I was posting while Zak was at the same time>

So this isn't a dedicated connection, more like a shared unmetered connection?

You said you won't oversell. Could you give us the (approximate) number of client you place on each 10mbit connection?

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

If you ever tried to do business with sprint and understood how they do their bandwidth you would understand. Atleast this is what I got from the Sprint rep back when I was with another hosting company going on datacenter tours. I'm not really going to go into depth with things though i'm sorry. But if you think about it, it really isn't that hard to come up with.
      0 Not allowed!

Robert, I think that post was quite uncalled for. There are other ways of professionally inquiring about this company's ability to deliver. Something like ckpeter's post, for instance.
      0 Not allowed!

They have there own IP block

66.197.0.0 - 66.197.95.255

Pro Hosters L.L.C. (NETBLK-PROHOSTERS)
    406 Suburban Drive #101
    Newark DE 19711
    US
    : UTADMIN : Carl :
      0 Not allowed!

yes and we are about to get another block of the same size too.
      0 Not allowed!

Alex, Robert is all very out-going person. You can't blame his enthasisum.

Zak, sorry for my ignorance, I don't know much about arrangement with sprint (or anything of that nature). I am interested in knowing the guarrantteed(or at least typical) level of performance, should I get a server from you.

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

no we are not stupid and please do not make us say things that we have not said.
    I said that you are stupid
    I guess YOU should not make me say things that I have not said...

Ok, so now it is a "shared connection" with "a couple of other people"... I see, want me to do the math for you on HOW many people you must put on there then?
    Or is it a 10mbit ethernet connection to your T1? Sorry but until you tell us EXACTLY what is going I don't believe a word you type mate.

And don't tell me the setup fee covers stuff cause it is a one-time payment and also just covers a PIII wholesale priced box maybe leaving 50-100$ bucks for you one time.

Ah and don't you dare to compare yourself to RackShack. Not that I like them but you are out of line...
      0 Not allowed!

Zak, I think Robert is just really eager to get to know your setup.

I am interested in learning the actual specification of your offer.

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

Yes indeed.

And one more thing. RACKSHACK gives you xxxGB/month and not a 10mbit connection or 10mbit shared or whatever and they are still almost double in $ then you

Anywhoo... Explain yourself please
      0 Not allowed!

just like if you were on any network your still affected by the others on the switch. This box isn't really designed for those who are doing VERY high traffic, by high traffic i'm talking about sites doing 5mbits + and the average dedicated doesn't do that much traffic. This is why we do not allow adult content on this plan. We do offer dedicated and colo solutions that allow all leagel content. We were on Techtv for the Daniel Pearl Video our CEO was interviewed on air ect. Our larger clients are adult sites such as stileproject.com and scoreland.com and a couple others this plan is not designed for very high traffic. I really can't give you a assurance on performance b/c of the nature of this plan.
      0 Not allowed!

i hate to do this but if you goto rackshack.net right on their front page

Compaq DL320 Dedicated Server w/Ensim
    **Un-metered 10 mbps Network Connection**
      0 Not allowed!

i hate to do this but if you goto rackshack.net right on their front page

Compaq DL320 Dedicated Server w/Ensim
    **Un-metered 10 mbps Network Connection**
    YES... for 399$ per month mate!!
      0 Not allowed!

... this plan is not designed for very high traffic. I really can't give you a assurance on performance b/c of the nature of this plan.
    This gets better and better... first 10mbit Verio, then SHARED 10mbit connection to the connection that goes to Verio and now this. You know, in order for you to get even you can give every user a MAX of 0.5mbit aka 162GB/month... ok for 89$ maybe even not a bad deal....if theose 512kbps were DEDICATED that is...
      0 Not allowed!

would you rather me knock up the price to make you happy? not a problem to me.

You have your own 10mbit connection to their network, and the mystery stops there. I am very good friends with jason and mark with rackshack and along with others and i know they don't delagate 10mbit per person
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com