hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Web Hosting Offers : Dedicated Hosting Offers : $89/month 10Mbit un-meetered dedicated server
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

$89/month 10Mbit un-meetered dedicated server

Closed Thread Post New Thread In Dedicated Hosting Offers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

$89/month 10Mbit un-meetered dedicated server

We are introducing a new dedicated server line.

pIII 1.1ghz
*128mb ram
*20gig hard drive
Un-meetered 10Mbit connection to verio
FreeBSD 4.6
Webmin version: .999
1 Ip to start 10 free with justification

-- THIS IS FOR NON-ADULT CONTENT SITES -- we will have another plan shortly for adult sites we are sorry.

$89.00 /month
$299 one time setup

* Ram can be upgraded
* Hard drive can be upgraded

We might be adding a portmaster account and an apc account to this plan.

Portmaster account - Allows you to connect to our serial server and access the server's console. Example, your box does down and you can not ssh into it you can connect via serial and act as if you were sitting infront of it with a monitor.

APC account - Allows you to login to the APC and power-cycle your server for manual reboots.

Our verio datacenter that we are located in contains the FreeBSD mirrors ftp2.freebsd.org and cvsup2.freebsd.org. Our average data transfers from these mirrors is about 9Mbits/sec. We are connect with dual gige's with verio.

You can ping or traceroute 66.197.0.152, 128.121.6.15 for speed tests

If you are interested in this plan please contact me at zak.thompson@prohosters.com

We might release another plan but with Linux redhat and some other control panel but we have not made that decision yet.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old

Wow....that sounds like a really good deal I might have to take you up on that any idea when the details of the adult content package will be available?

Old

$89 a month for a 10MBPS connection, un-metered... and verio to boot...

Damn. That's impressive... although that HD and RAM would need an upgrade for sure.

Sponsored Links
Old

Yes it is, and I hope people will take advantage of it. All hardware upgrades are a one time fee. So it doesn't hurt that much.

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Thumbs up

$89/month for a 10MBit Verio connection? Wow! Good luck, Zak, I bet you'll get plenty of orders

Old
Web Hosting Master

The first question that arises in me is: is this truly a dedicated 10 MBIT or is it shared between a few servers?

Old
Disabled

Excuse me and correct me if I am wrong. The last time I spoke with a Verio rep I got quoted for 155$ per mbit. Let it be a miracle price cause your dad owns Verio of 120$/mbit.. That makes 1200$ only for the connection.

Can I order 100mbit from you then for 10x89$ = 890$ per month please. You can even keep the servers or donate them to a charity organization.

Although the 299$ setup fee sounds fishy.. you wouldn't disappear from the net after a month, or?

Old

We have been around for 2.5 years and host several large clients, we have a number of clients all doing between 40-100Mbits alone just by themselfs

when you do as much traffic as we do with verio you would be surprised to see how much the prices drop.

Old
Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by ZakT4PH
We have been around for 2.5 years and host several large clients, we have a number of clients all doing between 40-100Mbits alone just by themselfs

when you do as much traffic as we do with verio you would be surprised to see how much the prices drop.
Hahahahaaaaa yeah right... below 8$ per mbit. Let's even assume you oversell like crazy how low can it be? 20? 30? So you are getting Verio for cheaper then Cogent. Good one. There is a new Jokes forum coming here on WHT I heard you should have posted there

Do you have an offer WITHOUT setup? Let it be >150$ per month, I don't mind... No? Didn't think so...

Old

I never said that is what we get our bandwidth at. you have a 10mbit connection to our fiber lines, this is no different from what rackshack does. YES this is a shared connection with a couple other people, NO we will not oversell the pipe no we are not stupid and please do not make us say things that we have not said.

like I said before how is this different from what rackshack does? I do not want to get into a big war with this i'm just trying to sell a new service that we are going to offer.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Zak, I am interested in hearing how you set this up to be profitable. You have a right to privacy for your business plan, but I think you should at least try to justify how you do the math.

Peter

Old
Web Hosting Master

<I was posting while Zak was at the same time>

So this isn't a dedicated connection, more like a shared unmetered connection?

You said you won't oversell. Could you give us the (approximate) number of client you place on each 10mbit connection?

Peter

Old

If you ever tried to do business with sprint and understood how they do their bandwidth you would understand. Atleast this is what I got from the Sprint rep back when I was with another hosting company going on datacenter tours. I'm not really going to go into depth with things though i'm sorry. But if you think about it, it really isn't that hard to come up with.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Robert, I think that post was quite uncalled for. There are other ways of professionally inquiring about this company's ability to deliver. Something like ckpeter's post, for instance.

Old
Junior Guru

They have there own IP block

66.197.0.0 - 66.197.95.255

Pro Hosters L.L.C. (NETBLK-PROHOSTERS)
406 Suburban Drive #101
Newark DE 19711
US

Closed Thread

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - May 23, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 17:06:57
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - March 21, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:23
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - January 3, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:34
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – August 9, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:53
Web Host Milesweb Launches Dedicated Server Hosting in India Web Hosting News 2012-12-31 10:53:51