Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cheapest Wildcard SSL Certs?

Where can I find the cheapest wildcard SSL certificates?

Cheers.
    It's Scott!

You might look at servertastic.com selling RapidSSL wildcards for $159. Not sure if it's the cheapest but I think thats about the lowest I've seen. If you only need a few subdomains then you can buy several single domain ones for $13.95 each.

Are there any quality issues at SSL?

Except price what else has to be considered when choosing SSL?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Haary
    Are there any quality issues at SSL?

Except price what else has to be considered when choosing SSL?

Thanks.
    To me, there isnt. Apart from the provider in-case you need support.

But as far as the low end certs to the high ends. I'll always stick with the low end ones. Mainly because the end user will never care about the type of SSL we are using, as long as it is secure and recognised by the browser they are happy.

But for most ecommerce sites, they should get a site seal. But even most of the low end ones from geotrust have these included.

What is your solution, camers, which wildcart SSL certs are you going to choose?

I am also looking for wildcart SSL certs.

Quote Originally Posted by Haary
    What is your solution, camers, which wildcart SSL certs are you going to choose?

I am also looking for wildcart SSL certs.
    The rapid SSL certs look good for the cash.
    It's Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by csavery
    You might look at servertastic.com selling RapidSSL wildcards for $159. Not sure if it's the cheapest but I think thats about the lowest I've seen. If you only need a few subdomains then you can buy several single domain ones for $13.95 each.
    One thing to consider is that with a wildcard cert you only need on IP for all those subdomains; with multiple single certs you need an IP per site.
    Pings <1 ms, Unlimited Transfer, Lowest Price: http://localhost/

The SSL cert is for the fully qualified domain name. In your case the FQDN would be www.mydomain.com which would cover the entire domain regardless of folder layout. In this case, you only need one SSL certificate.

An example case where you would need a wildcard or multiple SSL certificates would be if you needed SSL for multiple FQDN's such as secure.mydomain.com, server1.mydomain.com, server2.mydomain.com, and customerssl.mydomain.com.

For my Internet auction platform with high traffic is it necessary to purchase one single GeoTrust SSL certificate instead of one single RapidSSL certificate?

For security reasons is it necessary to use

register.mydomain.com
    instead of
    mydomain.com/register

or
    payment.mydomain.com
    instead of
    mydomain.com/payment

An answer to this question would tell me how many SSL certificates I would have to buy.

Either way will work. The only security reason I would think of is if both of those sections were operated by separate orginizations. In that case you would want 2 certs so you could order the certificate with the appropriate organizations information tied to it.

Otherwise you might like a 3rd option which is what I do, create a domain like secure.mydomain.com and purchase a SSL certificate for that fqdn and then perform your secure actions using it. Though it is really up to you. Maybe someone else might have a better idea of what security implications both have.

There is no difference between

payment.mydomain.com
    mydomain.com/payment

In terms of using an SSL certificate. Purchasing the certificate for mydomain.com will allow you to secure any sub folders on that domain but not any sub domains.

Also note that purchasing a SSL certificate for mydomain.com will not work on www.mydomain.com as the certificate needs to match the domain exactly.
    Andy
    Resell SSL Certificates - API / WHMCS / HostBill / ClientExec
    Servertastic - RapidSSL, Geotrust, Thawte, Symantec, SmarterTools and more

Well, there is a small difference above. With a subdomain you would find it easy to host subdomains on different machines or in different locations, whereas with a subdirectory you would have to wrangle some other config like a redirect (probably not too functional with ssl) or a proxy to another machine. Never had to do either of those two for a secure subdirectory but they may be possible. With a subdomain you can host them on the same machine and when you grow bigger you can simply move that subdomain quickly onto another box and continue on. Though I will grant you that if you were growing big enough for that then you would likely have no problem buying a wildcard cert or a new one for the new subdomain.

I've purchased RapidSSL wildcard from ClickSSL.com at just $139/year. They also have other pricing option on multiple year purchase. I'm just really satisfied with Rapidssl Wildcard certificate because of it's high level of encryption as well as it's a cost effective solution.

Just a note, security is not dependent on the certificate you use, they are just signing and issuing a certificate that you are using SSL. Even a selfsigned CRT is as secure as any other commercial CRT. Commercial certificates are for recognition by the browsers and for showing that fancy seal/logo to visitors.

For cheap wildcard SSL certificate, I think you won't get it any cheaper than US $ 49.90 and for that visit https://www.startssl.com/?app=2
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

On em-domain.com you can find SSL certificates for $28.99,if you buy it on 2 or more year you can get it cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by tzman View Post
    On em-domain.com you can find SSL certificates for $28.99,if you buy it on 2 or more year you can get it cheaper.
    Is it your's?

OP wants a wildcard SSL not standard, and if someone can buy directly from godaddy why would they go to their reseller.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Certificates work this way...

subdomain.domain.tld/subfolder where tld is TLD or ccTLD such as com, net, us, ca, co.uk etc

If you buy a single certificate for domain.tld, it covers domain.tld and all domain.tld/subfolder, it does not cover any subdomain.domain.tld or subdomain.domain.tld/subfolder including www.domain.tld (yes, www is a subdomain)

If you buy a single certificate for subdomain.domain.tld, it covers subdomain.domain.tld and all subdomain.domain.tld/subfolder, it does not cover any differentsubdomain.domain.tld or differentsubdomain.domain.tld/subfolder, domain.tld, or domain.tld/subfolder

If you buy a wildcard certificate it covers subdomain.domain.tld and all subdomain.domain.tld/subfolder, any differentsubdomain.domain.tld or differentsubdomain.domain.tld/subfolder, domain.tld, or domain.tld/subfolder
    Palladium Hosting.net - Elemental to Your Business
    Business Class Web, Exchange*, Sharepoint, CRM, Blackberry Hosting and Archiving*
    *HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, and SB1386 Compliant
    Visit us at http://palladiumhosting.net

hi,

i think you should go with Rapidssl Wildcard. the cheapest 1 recommended is start ssl, but i dont think it is a wildcard. ANd, you will also need to provide a few documnets from your end. Rapidssl Wildcard is issued without any paperwork.
    www.Ecitiusssl.com

Prices Slashed on SSL's. Save over 70%!
    Cheapest Wildcard in market. Secure unlimited Sub-domains!

I have seen wildcard certs for $49.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmcintyre3 View Post
    I have seen wildcard certs for $49.
    Where?

Not much of a useful post if you don't mention where...

Ive also seen Aliens, Ipads for .99c and BigFoot.
    Live Chat Support Software for your Business website - IMsupporting.com

Not bad.

Whos the issuer?

Quote Originally Posted by lynxus View Post
    Not bad.

Whos the issuer?
    I would think it's GlobalSign?

Very interesting... may purchase one soon.
    SysAdmin.xyz
    Having severs with customer data on it without proper monitoring is like having one night stand without using protections - eventually, there will be an 'oh s**t!' moment.

Quote Originally Posted by skraito View Post
    try namecheap they have 9 buck ssl
    For a single domain cert.. Yeah thats nice and cheap . But its not a wildcard SSL cert.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com