Thread: Going too far?

One primary banner plus two stickeys only in the ad forums. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

* Going too far?

Hey,

I just want to know everyones opinion in relation to: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=59812

It isn't that bad to have banner ads, but i have a feeling that WHT is going to end up like all the other forums - no content, just a forum full of ads..

Much less intrusive than banner ads, and in a completely appropriate place: the advertising forums. I don't see any problem with it.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Dont take this the wrong way as we have an add in the Specials, but it doesnt actually make any difference, just means that one add stays at the top for a week. Personally I agree with JayC dont see a problem. A few days ago people were complaining that "Headsurfer" had not offered these yet ... how can the poor guy win!
    dot5hosting.com
    chris@dot5hosting.com
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

Just no "forum sponsors"!

At least it's in the Advertising forums. The only people going there are those looking to view, guess what . . . . ads.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Any plans to hack the forum to change the word "Important" to, say, "Advert"? "Important" doesn't really descibe it accurately and can be a bit confusing.