hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Software and Control Panels : Plesk control panel security warning

Forum Jump

Plesk control panel security warning

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Software and Control Panels Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Plesk control panel security warning

I just got a new dedicated server form SoftLayer, and decided to try Plesk for the first time, after using Cpanel on our other servers. Its ok for the most part, except for a major problem that Softlayer cant resolve.
When trying to access any domain control panel, you get a certificate error, and wont let you go to the main control panel screen without clicking the " continue to website ( not recommended) " link

While i dont mind this warning when accessing the admin control panel, I cant expect my web hosting customers to have to do this every time they access their control panel. I told Softlayer that i would purchase my own ssl, or whatever they wanted me to do to eliminate this warning screen, but they have told me there is absolutely nothing that can ever be done and that I will have to live with it.
I dont believe that everyone with a Plesk control panel has this problem, and hope that someone on this forum can help me. If not I will just try and upgrade to cpanel, but Softlayers cpanel pricing ($25.00 per month) is a high price to pay to eliminate the certificate warning from Plesk... hope there is another solution... HELP!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Web Hosting Master

If i did not remember wrongly, the last Plesk control panel I work on also have this warning.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

It appears that another Softlayer tech that understands english a little better, was able to answer my question: for future viewers that may have this problem... to eliminate the cert error, all you have to do is install an ssl on that domain... each domain accessing their own control panel will also need an ssl for them, one for each domain on the server....

I installed an ssl as directed, and the problem is solved!!

Sponsored Links

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Media Temple Rolls Out Parallels Plesk 12 to VPS Hosting Accounts Web Hosting News 2014-07-21 12:58:47
WPTouch WordPress Plugin Vulnerability Allows Non-Admins to Take Over Website Web Hosting News 2014-07-14 16:17:19
IT Monitoring Solution Anturis Adds Parallels Plesk Integration Web Hosting News 2014-02-26 09:58:52
Parallels Launches Plesk Panel, Web Presence Builder 11.5 Web Hosting News 2013-06-26 11:50:13
Cisco Researcher Discovers Possible Exploit Vector for DarkLeech Attacks Web Hosting News 2013-04-26 10:19:35