Thread: css layouts

css layouts

I have just added some CSS layouts to my site......and I am wondering if you guys think they are useful, or if you have any ideas for some more layouts that I could add.........(NOTE: these layouts are mainly for helping people get a feel for using tableless CSS....so they are not that pretty)

I am still fixing up the current ones when I get time.......but anyway go here:
    www.intra9.com/xlab.php and just follow the css tutes/layouts link......

thanks guys.
    --

im thinking about using css on my page but I'm not really sure what it is. Do you mind giving me a BRIEF disception. From what I heard it was used just to orangize fonts,sizes,and positioning..is that true?
    Todd Goldberg
    www.4nmedia.com
    AIM: FourNmedia

essentially it is just a way to control all the styles of your page, thus allowing for the seperation of content from the actual page presentation......although due to the many browsers that do not adequately support standards, it is difficult to correctly implement CSS in all situations.......

To use CSS, you basically define all of the CSS in a style sheet.......eg styles.css, and then link to it......in your stylesheet you can set up how you want to display tags, or you can set up your own classes and id's which can be applied to specific elements......

if you have any specific questions just ask.......
    --

Nice! didn't know that a scrollbar can be used with a "div". Thanks, and nice work for sharing this knowledge with everyone.

tzdesigner>> CSS is a good way of controlling your fonts and layout, learn to use it, it will be useful.

Nice, 21. I've bookmarked the page. I don't really do that much with css, but you're opening my eyes...

I didn't know you could create a drop shadow with css. Pretty cool.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I like very much especially the 2-column style and also #3 & #8

Yes, I have also bookmarked it and hope you would add more in the future for the benefit of members wanting to learn how to implement CSS.

Great work.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

thanks guys.......I will be adding more and more stuff as I get time.....just out of interest to those that bookmarked it.......does the favicon work??
    --

Yes, it has an orange color background and black outline and it looks something like "g' or "9" or a dash in the center I am not sure. Good to know you will be adding more to the list when you have the time. My books on CSS doesn't have the tableless examples so I printed out the source code for future use.

regards
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

thanks to 21inchguns layouts and othe misc css pages I am understanding css MUCH better. I am designing a customer hosting page and I just started doing the BASIC layout in CSS.You can veiw it here:

http://tzdesigns.net/etecc/index.html
    Todd Goldberg
    www.4nmedia.com
    AIM: FourNmedia

Talking

Nice work tzdesigner, keep it up and you will be an expert in CSS

Regards.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Yup, custom favicon works.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

i think css is an amazing tool and i use it on all my layouts , good job keep up the awesome work

I'm glad to see that css is finally catching on in this forum. It was the first thing I have learned after learning basic html. Since then I have used it in every internet experimentation I have done so far. As you guys get in further, you will see how you can incorperate javascript with css and dynamically change your styles without reloading the page. This adds a whole new level to your webdesign. I have always used it in my personal websites, but I never thought of using it for making a commercial site (eg. hosting/web design). Now I think I will expand my use of it, css makes every menial task, like setting fonts, much easier.