Unhappy 4th of July, and we're all here...

Ok folks, so tell me, my U.S. friends... It's the 4th of July, and here we all are, instead of out celebrating!

What's UP with that?!

I mean, I have a pretty good excuse. I went to the parade today, and saw my girlfriend in it with our greyhounds. That was patriotic. Came home, and made hamburgers on the grill. Shot off 1 bottle rocket. (It's too hot for bottle rockets here in NH!)

Now, she's on the couch with a monster migrane, and I'm up in my office working away...

What's YOUR excuse?!

Steve
    Steven Santinelli
    www.sms-hosting.com - Premium Web Hosting
    www.sms-telecom.com - Low cost long distance/800 Service!

Well let's see. What did I do today?

I went biking for 15 miles or so. Then I sat around for a while. Then I went out for a burger (why make my own?). Then I sat around for a while. And once it gets dark I'm going to celebrate my country's independance by blowing up a wide variety of firework products. Then I will sit around even more.

So my excuse, I guess, is that I'm too lazy to get out and do much of anything.

My excuse is the weather. It was too hot once again today to do anything at all. I had to concentrate more on not melting than celebrating. Not too mention the severe storms.... this has been one hell of a strange week in Maine.

My excuse is that I'm Canadian. Its a good excuse. Our party day was 3 days ago... ;-)
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

Originally posted by mwatkins
    My excuse is that I'm Canadian. Its a good excuse. Our party day was 3 days ago... ;-)
    Same here

Originally posted by Phrozen
    My excuse is the weather. It was too hot once again today to do anything at all. I had to concentrate more on not melting than celebrating. Not too mention the severe storms.... this has been one hell of a strange week in Maine.
    Yup, pretty hot here in New Hampshire as well. I was surprised the greyhounds did so well at the parade. I got back to the truck and it said that it 95 degrees!!!

Pretty nasty here. From what I've heard though, relief is on the way!

Steve
    Steven Santinelli
    www.sms-hosting.com - Premium Web Hosting
    www.sms-telecom.com - Low cost long distance/800 Service!

so how was everyones day???

i'm canadian however, i was born to US parents on a work permit.

spent my teens in Mass.){old spelling}, ohio, and yes, buffalo((the border crossing guards love to tease about buff and cleveland, "what the hell you goin' there for")(still feels werid having turkey in oct., thanksgiving was my favorite holiday (no presents!) followed by 4th of july, (the power of patriotism is something most people don't understand (i loved pledging the flag in school, god and all, (i would never admit that to my canadian, pta, neighbours(sp), or work mates)).

With all that being said, i hope everyone is happy, safe and proud, for whatever you do and whatever you are.

sorry to be so mushy,

')'

( a couple of brandies don't hurt either )

I just blew up our driveway with the kids and then grilled some monster steaks...

Now I sit here in front of my PC seeing spots and wondering why in the world I put all that steak in my body -- ugh!

Blown up driveway shots can be viewed here:
    http://www.4Deb.com/July4-2002/
    FutureQuest.net
    Quality Services & Professional Support Since 1998
    Click Here To Visit the Community

I went and watching some really cool, no rules, racing to celebrate. Then they had the fireworks there. Must have been the first time they did fireworks there, because they were exploding so close, the crowd kept getting hit with burning remains of the fireworks. I got hit twice

Power went out on me at around 3pm for about 7 hours...

the thing is... the houses right behind us had light at around 5pm... but other houses in front of us didn't get our electricity back until 10pm... arg (I was thinking about setting up a data center in my house, lol) - (that was a joke)

I guess it was pretty good tho, the fireworks outside came in well through the windows to light up the whole house red, green, yellow, etc :-D

btw, I'm really glad nothing major happened anywhere around the US (except for the LAX shooting ) - good way to celebrate independence day

Originally posted by Deb
    Nice show - looks like it was fun. Very good good at optimizing those photos by the way!
    That's some tiny file sizes <--- *photo geek showing*

Not in the US but have family there (including a 2 year old daughter), so I'm happy things went well for you guys. No freaky happenings to speak of beside one loon with a gun.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

In our town (not state) fireworks are banned...
    So we simply packed up or very large quantity of explosives and just drove out to a completely abandoned dirt road in the middle of nowhere (completely dark as well ) and light up the sky...

Only had one "Oh *$*%, run for your life" moment when one of our large caliber shells didn't exactly fit in the firing tube (yes we use the big light fuse run, watch out low flying aircraft and birds type, ya know. The ones your parents always told you you couldn't buy b/c they are too big.) and exploded about 5 feet off the ground, shooting the flaming balls about 30 feet in every direction....

Aside from that... It's a great holiday, aint it :-D
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

all that happened in AU was zzzzZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Originally posted by Deb
    I just blew up our driveway with the kids and then grilled some monster steaks...

Now I sit here in front of my PC seeing spots and wondering why in the world I put all that steak in my body -- ugh!

I miss fireworks, I wish they weren't banned here.
    Andrew Walenczykiewicz
    StyleMy.com

I went up to NYC this year, well actually I sat on the new jersey side. The fireworks only lasted about 25 minutes, but they were good as always.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

NetXL you can get a license for fireworks, just contact your local council.