hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : How would you secretly video tape people?

Forum Jump

How would you secretly video tape people?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2007, 04:07 AM
Web Hosting Master

How would you secretly video tape people?

Here is a tricky question: If you want to video tape people secrectly to catch them in the act not doing their job, how would you do that? Or if you want to catch people in a crime....or just secretly surpervise your kids? Let say um...you don't want the person to know. How do you do it? Is it possible that someone could video tape you in your own home and you not know it? Remember how Smallville's Clark Kent manage to find small camera the size of a coin hiding in the radio? Or Roswell's Max finding a small camera bug in the tv?

On Alias, the lady, Sydney, was able to video tape people with eyeglasses. In real life, not on tv, how would you catch someone in the act doing something wrong? Let's say it is your word against their. Do you think there will ever be type of glasses or lipstick or remote control that can video tape people?

Next question: How is it that the film developer manage to take video tape someone looking in the mirror without the video camera being seen in that mirror? Yet, when the opposite wall appear in the tv in the next minute, no camera is found.

Next question: Do you think that fire alarm at the ceiling at school with ..could really be a video camera? Whenever I see those what people called 'fire alarm' or 'smoke alarm', the first thing that come in my mind 'video camera'. On Friday, when I was in the computer lab, it was the first time I see two 'smoke alarm' looking within 4 feets from each other. There were never two up there before and I always use that computer lab.

It is almost 3 am and I can't sleep. I am bored. Have fun!

Last edited by indiaberry; 03-04-2007 at 04:10 AM.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Disabled

go to sleep

Old 03-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Web Hosting Master

easy, put up a sign saying: you are being filmed by several hidden cameras.

job done

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Web Hosting Master

Video Taping/Fire Alarm-
There is your answer! I know of many establishments that have their video cameras built into their smoke detectors and motion detectors (for the security system). Although they're probably expensive, just about any major security retailer (ADT, Brinks, etc.) and even Radio Shack sell related things!

I'm also pretty sure you can purchase special purpose cameras (the size of a pen point or something) however most likely they're even much more expensive than the smoke detector cameras, as most average people don't think of using them and aren't that big of a seller with the exception of private agencies .

Movie Cameras-
This is a very simple answer: editing.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Predatory Poster

Why would you want to secretly videotape them? Just have a big scary looking camera that moves all of the time to lower employee moral and cause the workers to feel fear.

Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Old 03-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Web Hosting Master

You can get those little camaras off ebay. They are not really that much. You just hook them up to a battery or an dc adapter and it sends the image over radio waves to a reciver.

Pretty simple really.

As for the movies...Torphimus pretty much said it. It is just video editing/camara tricks.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Disabled

I'm not sure, but send me a pm when you start the website.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:08 PM

Video cameras in cellphones may be a good idea!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Web Hosting Master

I have forgotten all about this post until I came on. I am paranoid of video cameras. I am so glad I don't work a job. I don't know how I would be able to stand it I was being video tape all the time. Maybe in 10 years from now, people would wear a teeny tiny video camera up their nose.

Thanks for having fun!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenReaction
You can get those little camaras off ebay. They are not really that much. You just hook them up to a battery or an dc adapter and it sends the image over radio waves to a reciver.
Haha I own one of these! I highly recommend that you all go out and get one right now, seriously I have used it many times. Came in handy during trick or treat time..simply hooked it up by the door so I could be online yet still see if there were some hungry kids coming up the walkway.

Old 03-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Web Hosting Master

That is one use...I am sure you can find more.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:17 AM
Retired Moderator

I'd rather install machine gun turrents on the front entrance way to take down any of those salesmen or some in-laws

Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Junior Guru

Has anybody ever been video taped at work? I heard stories of people working for 8 hours a day knowing that every step is being watched. That must be really depressing!

Old 03-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWalczak
Haha I own one of these! I highly recommend that you all go out and get one right now, seriously I have used it many times. Came in handy during trick or treat time..simply hooked it up by the door so I could be online yet still see if there were some hungry kids coming up the walkway.
Are you serious? Is there such a camera? What does these camera really look like? When I took the taxi in Arizona, there would be paper sign saying stating about video camera and something about being watch....but I saw no camera.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Let people have their privacy

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
AHosting Launches ClipBucket-Optimized Web Hosting Web Hosting News 2014-07-21 10:29:12
Continuity and Change: Addressing the Modern Challenges and Opportunities for Disaster Recovery Web Hosting News 2014-05-09 12:40:22
Crowdfunded NSA Video Calls for Action Against Government Spying Blog 2013-10-18 10:02:14
The Most Frequently Asked Questions About Cloud/Online Backup: Part 1 Blog 2014-04-24 13:27:32
Hivelocity Hosting Taps Vine Video App in New Contest Blog 2013-04-08 12:10:57