Yet another Web Host Admin thing

We're almost finished with our custom ordering/payment gateway/customer management/customer control panel system.

I'm thinking about offering to other hosting companies for around $99. Its pretty robust...but its "stand alone" as in, we don't use Plesk, Cpanel or any other commercial control panel. Because of that...I think there would be a pretty limited demand for it.

Its basically an order form, which writes to a customer management system and integrates with 2checkout, PayPal, eCheck and mailed payment methods (and I'm sure it could be easily modified for others....until last week, we had it setup to accept EMS too).

It also completely automates customer renewals and payments, etc. It also creates a Control Panel page for each customer where they can renew/cancel/access site tools (all the standard customer control panelly-type stuff)/monitor bandwidth, space, logs, etc.

The Customer Admin section is pretty cool...it allows you to easily setup/change order form items, filter email addresses, IPs, etc to watch out for fraudsters. You can check out customer records. You can edit/create all the emails that are sent to customers (order, renewal, payment, etc.) AND allows you to send out emails to customers (either all, or certain servers, etc.).

There are some more features in the works...but those are the basics. Again, this is something we had created just for us....but I'm now thinking that others might be interested in it.

...or are there too many out there already?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Integrate it with a support ticket system and I'd buy it.

We actually do have it setup with PerlDesk - but its not entirely integrated.

I agree...that would be a great feature.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

AffordableHost, what is the ETA on the project?

We will have it ready for our own use in about 2 weeks...its been a long project and I'm finally seeing the end.

After that, I want to package it "generically" - right now it has our logo, etc. on it. From there, I'll post a message here for a couple of beta testers.

I'm guessing it will be ready for the masses in about a month or two?

--Tina

Got a demo?

Originally posted by TimPD
    Got a demo?
    Perhaps you missed the part where I said "it will be ready for OUR use in about 2 weeks".

If we decide to market this - we'll definitely put out a demo. I just wanted to see if there was actually any interest in it first.

--Tina

We would be interested in something of that nature.

What language is it programmed in?

Are there any dependencies (MySQL, etc.)?

Based on your signature I'm assuming it's designed for linux, is this true? What type/version of linux (redhat, mandrake)?

What are the system requirements for your cp?

What tasks does it automate?

What is different about your cp vs. an other cp on the market?

If we purchased the license could we modify your code to meet our needs?

Any plans to integrate with authorize.net?

What type of cp is it designed to work as (shared, dedicated, VPS, etc..)

Thanks,
    Joel Strellner