Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    You harvested addresses from WHT
    Then you spammed

It's cut and dry

I hope your business succeeds however you'll need to change your advertising tactics fast. You could be a great bunch of guys & gals, but if you're spamming you'll aggravate a lot of people which will result in things like what you're facing now in this thread.

Good luck & don't spam again. Spam = bad.
    EuroVPS VPS Hosting - Virtual Private Servers | Web Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    Providing Reliable Plesk and cPanel Servers since 2004, now offering low priced Xen & VMware VPS in Amsterdam
    UK +44.203.355.6681 / Amsterdam +31.208.202.120

Yes Sir we will surely think on your suggestion and try to reduce this sort of advertising.Although this is the first complaint launched by the propective clients about us on WHT and we will make sure that this thing does not happen again.

Regards,
    Natasha

Quote Originally Posted by EuroVPS/Director View Post
    You harvested addresses from WHT
    Then you spammed

It's cut and dry

I hope your business succeeds however you'll need to change your advertising tactics fast. You could be a great bunch of guys & gals, but if you're spamming you'll aggravate a lot of people which will result in things like what you're facing now in this thread.

Good luck & don't spam again. Spam = bad.

Quote Originally Posted by hostechsupport View Post
    Yes Sir we will surely think on your suggestion and try to reduce this sort of advertising.
    How about you stop altogether?

Oh and it isn't the first complaint, we have also had a complaint at the helpdesk.

Quote Originally Posted by hostechsupport View Post
    Yes Sir we will surely think on your suggestion and try to reduce this sort of advertising.Although this is the first complaint launched by the propective clients about us on WHT and we will make sure that this thing does not happen again.

Regards,
    Natasha
    You are spamming, period. Stop. It's that simple. No explanations are needed from you.

Unless someone inquires about your services then your SPAMMING.

I hope your host shuts you down, spammers are horrible and you doing that reflects on your company.

Am I the only one who finds this unbelieveable?

This isn't advertising it's SPAM. I have a sent a abuse email too with the headers from your emails.

Take our emails (and others who you have harvested off WHT) off your list now. I am not interested in your services and never will be now. Strange you don't seem to be able to apologise.

Matt
    The MonkeyPC - cPanel webhosting that's vibrant and high in quality. Just say hello to The Monkey!

I take unsolicited advertising as a spam. Perhaps, you should stop doing it all before someone takes you into court.
    SimpleNode.com :: Superior Hosting Solutions
    Affordable and reliable hosting plans are not impossible

Quote Originally Posted by martymart View Post
    I take unsolicited advertising as a spam. Perhaps, you should stop doing it all before someone takes you into court.

Anyone who would take someone like this to court is an idiot.

--Tina

We've also been getting spam from these guys. I don't mind you sending a single email to us inquiring if we want your services but sending it to every email address you can find is not acceptable.

Wow, and I thought I was the only one who got spammed by them about 3 days back ...

I think hostechsupport has finally got a free publicity here - not a good one.

Marty

We've been spammed a few times by these guys too. The next one gets reported to every spam blacklist I know of.

Why does he still have an account here?

You are spamming, ONE EMAIL IS SPAM IF IT IS UNSOLICITED. Not only that you sent the same message to 3 addresses of ours including our abuse address which automatically opens tickets and pages technicians. That means 5+ people then got SMS messages to their phones so yea you are spamming people.

Not only is it an unethical way to get business, but it is against SPAM laws and against WHM rules.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UrNode - Virtual Solutions
    http://www.UrNode.com

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    How about you stop altogether?

Oh and it isn't the first complaint, we have also had a complaint at the helpdesk.
    Sounds like they are a repeat offender of WHT Rules.
    Wouldn't that rate disabling their WHT account?
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Sounds like they are a repeat offender of WHT Rules.
    Wouldn't that rate disabling their WHT account?

That's what I was thinking.

--Tina

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    That's what I was thinking.

--Tina
    I third the nomination, should we vote.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although I am not a fan of spam either I just thought it would be nice to clarify the rules behing spam:
    These rules are copy and pasted right of FCC.gov and are the spam rules. Also, sounds like what they over looked is the "opt out" or unsubscribe link.

The FTC’s rules require:

Identification – Unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to non-wireless accounts must be clearly identified as a solicitation or advertisement for products or services.

Offering a Way to Reject Future Messages – Commercial e-mail senders must provide easily-accessible, legitimate ways for recipients to reject future messages from that sender.

Return Address – All commercial e-mail, and e-mail considered transactional and relationship messages (about existing transactions), must contain legitimate return e-mail addresses, as well as the sender’s postal address.

Subject Lines – Commercial e-mail senders must use subject lines that are accurate. Using misleading or bogus subject lines to trick readers into opening messages is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by cscertified View Post

The FTC’s rules
    Which is a US govt office, correct? Does the US govern the internet now?

Seriously, FTC can label spam however they wish. What matters is what WHT rules say and what the spammers' hosts label as spam.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by cscertified View Post
    Although I am not a fan of spam either I just thought it would be nice to clarify the rules behing spam:
    These rules are copy and pasted right of FCC.gov and are the spam rules. Also, sounds like what they over looked is the "opt out" or unsubscribe link.

The FTC’s rules require:

Identification – Unsolicited commercial e-mail sent to non-wireless accounts must be clearly identified as a solicitation or advertisement for products or services.

Offering a Way to Reject Future Messages – Commercial e-mail senders must provide easily-accessible, legitimate ways for recipients to reject future messages from that sender.

Return Address – All commercial e-mail, and e-mail considered transactional and relationship messages (about existing transactions), must contain legitimate return e-mail addresses, as well as the sender’s postal address.

Subject Lines – Commercial e-mail senders must use subject lines that are accurate. Using misleading or bogus subject lines to trick readers into opening messages is prohibited.

They are sending unsolicited emails to members of WHT where they are getting their list from. That is SPAM pure and simple even by the definition of the FTC.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I assume there is no "unsubscribe" option from the "spams" that he sent. Also no disclaimer saying "you are receiving this because you are a member of WHT and we have opted you to subscribe to our spam list using every e-mail address that you have". spam spam spam. a spam.

now i'm "spamming" the thread.

How does one actually harvest email addresses from a forum? Does disabling the following make it not possible?

From time to time, the administrators may want to send you email notices.

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.

You can allow other members to send you email messages.
    Receive Email from Other Members

By the way stuff like this is better put in the "Lounge" IMO, more people read it.

Quote Originally Posted by James L View Post
    How does one actually harvest email addresses from a forum? Does disabling the following make it not possible?
    From the examples I have seen, these haven't been sent via forum email options.

That may be true and from a Legal standpoint, I can see where having a copy of Spam sent using the WHT eMail options would be a good thing. In a real World situation though, being as there are thousands of Members and potential eMail addresses, I would think one would use a script / program to either: download all Member related Web pages or just grab the available eMail addresses listed. Then use their own script and resources to send out the Spam.

That way, not only is it faster, it's also easy to say they didn't harvest the eMail address(s) from WHT.

I have not yet received any of the specific Spam mentioned but that could be because I'm near the end of the Members list.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    Which is a US govt office, correct? Does the US govern the internet now?
    Well in a way.. YES. That is why in the U.S. you can get heavy fines for not following the rules listed above.
    I am not saying what they did is right and obviously if they are running around the forum collecting emails that is not what WHT or the member would want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast