H-Sphere hosts vs. Ensim hosts

I've been doing some research on hosting plans, and it seems like H-Sphere plans tend to be significantly more expensive than Ensim plans (where all other account features are comparable).

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, do you know why that is?

Maybe H-Sphere is more expensive?

I dunno
    This forum officially ****ing sucks

The Hsphere Control Panel is worth more

By far the Hsphere plan is worth more. Have you compared the 2 panels? Ensim is very confusing and limited in features while the Hsphere panel leaves little to be desired. Also Hsphere has done a Kick A$$ job on getting feature requests up and running while the $85 million dollar Ensim giant keeps promising and just does not deliver.......Bottom line, for a hosting account, comparing Hsphere to ensim is like comparing a Hyundai to a Lexus, pay up for Hsphere or drive in the slow lane with Ensim.b
    "Desire is the ingredient that changes the hot water of mediocrity to the steam of outstanding success"--Zig Ziglar

DaWolf makes some excellent points. Here are my comparisson of the two.

Ensim [85 million dollar giant], my perspective is.....
    Lack of support and updates, they are very slow to setup patches for security holes (such as the latest apache dilema). Even when the patches are out, they dont document the how-to very well, I guess they assume everyone is a guru.
    Lack of popular features - no subdomains & 1 mysql database per user.
    Lack of interface customizing.

There are ways around certain things in ensim, but its not automatic.

Couple good points about Ensim - very stable, reliable, secure, thats about all I can think of.

It amazes my they got 85 million, and this is all they came up with.
    I will never buy an ensim based server again.

Hsphere
    Cant say anymore, than its an excellent control panel.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Ensim is probably a lot cheaper than H-Sphere. I see it offered a lot as a base control panel on the cheapest dedicated servers.

I was stuck with Ensim for a while, and don't want to ever have to use it again (not that there's much worth logging into the control panel for)

I only used HSphere for a short time (until the host decided to bail out on its hosting plans), but really liked it and think it's the best out of all the ones currently available.

Originally posted by vigor
    DaWolf makes some excellent points. Here are my comparisson of the two.

Ensim [85 million dollar giant], my perspective is.....
    Lack of support and updates, they are very slow to setup patches for security holes (such as the latest apache dilema). Even when the patches are out, they dont document the how-to very well, I guess they assume everyone is a guru.
    I installed the Apache patch today. They had a step by step process on how to do it. Not that it was anything complicated. It was a tar file of rpms that you download, extract, and install. It doesn't get much easier than that.

BTW, I haven't tried H-Sphere yet, but if it can do half of what it promises, I'm sold...

Hal

ensim is really very difficult to use

The ensim interface gives me nightmares, but I love the Hsphere one, I would even prefer it over cpanel.

Ensim is very limited. While our next server will likely be an Ensim one, that is really only becuase of the initial cost of H-Sphere. We will be going that direction eventually because of how worthwhile it is.
    ::: Jeremy C. Wright :::
    http://www.ensight.org

Hsphere is actaully a lowest cost per account for a host. Ensim single server control panels are low cost, but to use the hosting management system (server xchangce) you will pay -significantly- more than hsphere - that was one of the reasons we ditched ensim for hsphere and havn't looked back since!! Psoft are fantastic!

Steve