Aletia still charging after closing accounts?

Anyone else still getting charged by Aletia after cancelling your account?

They sent me an email confirming that my account has been cancelled, but this month I got another Revecom recurring bill for it today!

I had two accounts with them, the cancelled one was supposed to bill on the 4th and the other on the 20th. There is a chance they cancelled the wrong recurring billing and left the 4th billing. But that makes me lose 15 days time, in which I was going to cancel my other account.

Anyway I sent an email to them and Revecom, and I cancelled my second account today as well.

Anyone else have problems with them continuing to bill?

You're not the only one! *bashes Aletia with a sledgehammer*

Here's my correspondence with Aletia regarding my refund. You might want to read it from the bottom up because it's reverse chronological order:

Created on 06/25/2002 01:03 by customer:

I have gotte my credit card bill and the Aletia webhosting charge is still listed on there. I have not used your service at all during this month and I would like my money back.

Because you have not answered my ticekt at all, I will be calling my credit card company and asking for a chargeback.

~ Caroline

Created on 06/11/2002 16:24 by customer:

I have been waiting for about 2 weeks regarding my refund. I am getting perturbed at the amount of time it is taking to get my money back.

I would like to ask that you speed up the process of my refund. I will be getting my credit card bill very soon and if an Aletia charge shows up on my bill, I will be forced to call the company and ask for a charge back.

Thank you for your help. I hope to hear from you soon.

~ Caroline

Created on 06/03/2002 23:24 by customer:

I've been waiting to hear information about a refund for a few days and am getting anxious. Can you please inform me if it has gone through yet? Thank you.

~ Caroline

Created on 05/28/2002 13:28 by tech:

Your account has been suspended.Please wait for furtehr correspondence from sales regardingteh refund.

My last message was on 6/25 and I STILL have no reply from Aletia. Not only was that month's charge on there, they charged me AGAIN for next month. They charged me for 20 bucks of "service" that I never used.

In the end, I had to email the charging company, and ask for a refund. I'm not sure if they gave me back 10 or 20 dollars though.

I realize i'm host bashing on my first post but I've been reading WHT posts for quite awhile. When I saw this Aletia post, I got my lazy arse in gear and registered.

The easiest way to get your billing stopped with Aletia, or any other host that uses Revecom to process their orders, is to go to, log in, and stop the recurring tansaction yourself.
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions