hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Colocation and Data Centers : Looking for a reliable colocation provider near Raleigh NC

Forum Jump

Looking for a reliable colocation provider near Raleigh NC

Reply Post New Thread In Colocation and Data Centers Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Looking for a reliable colocation provider near Raleigh NC

For the past 2 years, I have rented a dedicated server from Layered Tech, but recently I have had issues with their network. 2 or 3 times a day my server wont be accessible for about 20 minutes, and they won't do a thing about it. As a result, I'm considering investing in building server and going with co-location. Right now my server hosts one website that uses about 10gb/day and email/database service for the the said site. How much should I expect to pay to colocate a 1u server at a reputable datacenter, and if anyone could provide some recommendations that would be great, I'm currently located in NC, and I would like to be able to go to the DC, but this is not a requirement.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Web Hosting Master

Raleigh is not a huge market, so you can't expect to see the same pricing around Raleigh as you would from some of the bargain basement providers on the net. But there are several providers in the Raleigh and Charlotte markets doing both dedicated and small colo.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Like I said, DC access is not a requirement, but it would be preferable. Alternatively Atlanta would be another preferred location.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Web Hosting Master

There are tons of providers in the Atlanta area. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find lots of threads pertinent to your request.

CyberWurx has been great for us. They have space in 55 and 56 Marietta in downtown Atlanta.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:07 PM
WHT Addict

In Raleigh there is Peak10 near the rdu airport. It's a very nice facility, but they are on the expensive side of the price range.

I've heard about intrex having a facility that on the east side of raleigh, though I don't know it's quality and I've never been there.

In Atlanta, as noted, there are a lot. A few quick searches on the forum will probably bring up at least 10. For example, gnax, sagonet, etc.

Last edited by TrevorN; 02-26-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
CoreXchange Launches Colocation Services with High Capacity Connectivity, Reliable Power Web Hosting News 2013-01-15 14:45:14
PlusOne Partners with PeakColo to Launch IaaS Solutions at Chicago Data Center Web Hosting News 2012-12-31 14:12:20
Vodien Launches Full Rack Colocation Solution at Singapore Data Center Web Hosting News 2012-12-27 16:07:25
WHIR Events 2012 wraps in Raleigh next Thursday Blog 2012-11-12 09:59:59
DataChambers Expands into Triangle with Purchase of Raleigh Data Center Web Hosting News 2012-09-26 15:14:25