Thread: Pavenet Hosting

Thumbs down Pavenet Hosting

I have complained about Pavenet before on this site, showing specific examples of their rudeness. But today I called because my friend wants to change his domain name to a new host. Their exact words. &*(%-OFF!!!! and the hung up.

I went ahead and chose a new host but when I was looking at the domain name regisration for this company, I noticed that Pavenet set themselves up as the administrator for this account. So, I have 2 questions.

1. Since Pavenet is set up as the administrator, is this going to cause me problems getting the servers changed?

2. Is there any action that can be taken against a company like that?

Tacoma, Washington
    you can ask your new host to send them an e-mail or call them regarding having the domain name changed. Hosts generally have to deal with this exact issue from time to time. As an impartial 3rd party the conversation is usually a clamer experience than when the customer themselves has to deal with guys like this.

If that falls on deaf ears, you can go over their heads to the registrar, and complain about their attitude, and state in detail the situation that has occured. Sadly it's more common than it should be so registrars are used to hearing it, and can no doubt advise you on what to do.

So yes, it may well cause problems, but it's not something that is dead in the water.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.