adding nameservers in cpanel

As we have only begun to use cpanel, I would like to get some guidance from the cpanel experts...

Can you tell us step by step how to add IP numbers into cpanel, and then step by step make individualized nameservers for the resellers?

Thanks in advance

http://forums.cpanel.net , has the answers to this question and much, much more.

Sure, you will get your block of IP's from your upstream like this xxx.xxx.xxx.0/22 simply go to the add IP function and type that in you will also need the subnet mask then hit the add IP numbers and it will add that block in.

To setup name servers for resellers create the reseller account add reseller privileges to it then once you have chosen all the options at the bottom will be a place to add the name servers add the names ns1 ns2 or what ever there. Then go to that accounts edit DNS zone file and add ns1 A ip number ns2 A ip number

Give the info to your reseller IP number name server name so they can go to their name register and create the name severs, in a day or so once that has propagated go back to the reseller area and down where you entered the name servers is a button that says create A entry for name servers click it for each name server. If it has propagated fully you will see a pop up listing the ip number etc etc for that name server. You are done.

Not a Cpanel expert but I have done it a few times.

Thanks Monte, that helps...

I am trying to put a tutorial for this together, for my techs to quickly have a process to go through, so everything is standardized, if someone has written a 1, 2, 3 ..... tutorial, please let me know, as I do not want to spend the time if its already out there....

thanks

Check this out:
    http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/

the darkorb team & everybody else involved is attempting to beef up support docs. Don't forget about the forms URL either, but hopefully this WHM link will get you started.

If you have any specific questions ast all make sure you bring them to forums.cpanel.net- lots of decent help there.

Dont mean to be rude...

But if you dont know how to even do this in Cpanel maybe you should not be offering Reseller packages and have a few tests before actually putting the server in to production!

Good luck all the same!
    www.SURRENDERONLINE.com.au
    Perfect Solutions Every Time! Sydney Based :: Dedicated Servers :: Colocation :: Superior Support::Reseller Solutions

It really and truly is not rocket science w/ cpanel.
    Decide on the nameserver hostnames per reseller, the software assigns a pair of IPs to the nameservers, and then all zones under that reseller are custom formatted to those nameservers for authority.

that's it, that's all.

all you have to worry about is getting the host templates registered at the registrar of your choosing.

As my second question says, I am simply asking if anyone has written a step by step tutorial, I try to make sure all my company procedures are standardized to make my business flow smoothly, I was not asking to be flamed......just didnt want to do something that was already out there