Thread: Please Review

Please Review

I did a redesign of my site and are looking for some comments on the layout, color and anything that you don't like. BTW, the photos on the sub-pages will be changed to reflect the particular page but for now.. It has the same photos on all the pages.

URL: www.boomhost.com

Your comments is very much appreciated. Thanks.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Is your index page supposed to be the same as the hosting page????

I think the "contact us" should lead to a page with a listing of email addresses, mailing address and phone # instead of directly going to an email.

Thanks punaboy for checking out my site. Yes, the "Index Page" and "Hosting Page" are the same. The "Hosting Page" acts as the "Index Page" where visitors coming in from other pages(doorway pages) via search engines would not know that the "Index Page" holds the Web Hosting info.

The "Contact Us" page will have a submission page which will be added soon where visitors just fill in the Form and submit.

Thanks again.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Looking pretty good.

Talking

Thanks Dave.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Looks great, Cactus. Nice, thorough FAQ page!

there is something i dont like about it.... but i am not sure what it is... i think it might be the pictures on the right side of the index page... i am not sure why... i just dont like them.

Thanks WiredDog for checking out the site especially the "FAQ" page.

whw, the touch-up and was done in PSP and the final optimization in PS. Anyways, should it strike your mind again, please advise. Thanks
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Hey cactus your site is looking great, you've come along way from the inital design we saw awhile back. One thing I would recommend is with your mouseovers for the top navigation, your mouseover color runs a little too close to the text, looks cramped, try and throw in an extra nbsp; before and after your link name inside the <a></a> and that should do the trick.
    www.pajcorp.com -- coming soon to an internet near you...

Oklahoma Sooners all the way baby!!

Talking

Hi DjPaj,

Yes, my original web site was real bad when I first posted for reviews, I realize from then on that I need to improve my graphic skills and learned the finer techniques to web design. I enrolled for a crash course locally and from there was able to create something presentable.

Thanks for reviewing the site.

Regards
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Thumbs up

Oh, I forgot... Thanks for the tip regarding the the mouseover color running too close to the text. Will correct it asap.

Thanks again.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

hey cactus,
    its looking good.......the home page is very nice now, well structured and clear in expressing product and features.....

This is only a petty thing, but in the boomhost logo, the m in boomhost looked like a w........

anyway, nice work......
    --

Thanks 21inchguns for the reviews. I noticed that now, I will try to correct later as it reguires a little bit more time. Thanks for the great help via pm and also to the others who reviewed the initial site earlier and comparing it to the new one.

Thank you all.

Regards.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Hi all

there is something i dont like about it ... may be your colors ... why their are so many colors on your page ... red , yellow. blue, gray, ....etc ...

and about <font> tag -> why you use font tags, if you can do it in -*.css ???

Hi Davi,

I agree there are more colors but sometimes it just isn't possible to limit the colors, as the main primary colors are more visible, it does overide the lighter colors so it's not distracting to the visitors and you get the visitors attention which is very important.

Regarding CSS, I am using embedded style sheet to control the links and Font tags for different functions with cannot be control by CSS. If you want better control over the apperance of a single page, this is the way to go.

Linking to an external style sheet as you mentioned(.css) is best if you want multiple pages to share the same basic styles and appearance. You can change one style sheet document(.css) and have it automatically update many pages on your web site, this method would be most suitable.

Regards
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

HI Cactus
    at first sorry for my poor english.
    >> just isn't possible to limit the colors
    why, i calculate on your site more then 7-8 colors (only on mouseover effect 4 colors -white, yellow, red, green :-))))... you think it's not possible to limit ?:-))) i don't agree with you.
    At the last 2 years, many of the famous designer say that, more then 3 colors is- bad:-(

yes . i agree, attention is very important, but dont' remember, that your's site, not a Kid's Wolrd or Dicney Land, it the website of the serious Hosting Copmany (i hope), and your clients, arent' small babies...
    If they come to your site, they are going to see yours service and prices, and your colors may only "say" them that it's a not a serious company. this colors can irritate your clients (IMHO).

>>Font tags for different functions with cannot be control by CSS<<<

are you sure?:-))))))
    >>>Linking to an external style >>> why only the external file ... you can do in your .html files :-)))))

Cactus:

Congrats on your updated site. You sure have come a long way since your first attempt. Looks good.

Alot of points have already been made, so I won't repeat them. I do have a few more, though (small ones).

1. On your order pages, it's the same form and text for all the plans. I would put a small header showing what plan the customer is signing up for.

2. Also on the order pages, where it says "I accept the TOS", I would hyperlink the "TOS" to your TOS page in a new window. I realize you have it already in your top nav bar. But once you've got a visitor to the point of the order page, you don't want to lose him by sidetracking him to another page.

3. Put in 2001-2002 in your copyright (I told you these were small points)

3. The heading in your FAQ page says "CONTROL PANEL OVERVIEW - CPANEL" . Then you have to scroll down to see where the FAQ questions and answers start. A little confusing. Also, the FAQ page is quite long. It might be easier to navigate if you list all the questions up at the top and put in named anchors.

Good luck with the site.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Thanks Vito, yes the site needs some fine tuning as mentioned.

I appreciate very much your recommendations that I overlooked.
    It certainly would make the site easy and clearer for a visitor to decide and clear any confusion.

Sorry I did not see your post until I read it again. I am sure glad that I did or I would be missing on the minor points yet so important to an almost perfect site.

Thanks alot.

Regards.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

i like it its nice