View Poll Results: How many hours a night do you sleep?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sleep...what's that?

4 6.56%
  • Never, I don't need to

1 1.64%
  • 1 hour

2 3.28%
  • 2 hours

0 0%
  • 3 hours

3 4.92%
  • 4 hours

7 11.48%
  • 5 hours

8 13.11%
  • 6 hours

9 14.75%
  • 7 hours

9 14.75%
  • 8 hours

7 11.48%
  • 9 hours

2 3.28%
  • 10+ hours, (grr - whoever picks this)

9 14.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep?

* Sleep?

Okay...how much do you sleep? Are you always at the computer?

I only got 3 1/2 hours a sleep last night, that's why I'm asking.

Five or less. But I'm not doing anything useful for some of that time.

5 or less for me, too. My 7-month old wakes me up early, won't let me get anything done during the day, so I have to do all my computer stuff at night, which in turn keeps me up late (3-4AM, usually). On average I get between 4 and 6 hous of sleep a night, and one or two times a week I end up nodding off during the day.

God, would I love to get 8 or more hours of sleep. Sometimes when I was younger I would stay up for 2 or 3 days on my computer (no drugs) and then sleep for 18-21 hours (21 is my record so far, but could be disqualified since I woke up once to go to the bathroom and take a sleeping pill).

i get btwn 4-6 alot of times only 5 becasue i screw around on these forums and and work on server stuff.

I take 7 hours of good sleep since 1-2 months and if I don't then my full day goes bad.

before that I used to sleep only for 5-6 hours a day. I guess those days was bad

Aha, some times I can't sleep specially when dos attacks are running at my SP networks
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

The less you sleep the longer you live

who told you
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Between the kids - and the business, not a lot.

Around 5-7 a day for me, although I am improving.
    Jo Stonehouse - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256

I sleep 3hours a night hehe, jstonehouse, a day?!, I cant sleep in teh day
    Quality Hosting Template For Sale! -

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59932

About 10 hours a day, i sleep way too much... but i never know when i might need to go all night without any.

Study: People who sleep less might live longer

CHICAGO (AP) — Don't fret if you don't get eight hours of sleep a night — new research suggests adults live longer if they get six or seven.

Still, even the study's authors say it is not time to reset the alarm clock just yet.

The research is based on a nationwide survey of 1.1 million adults. It found that those who slept eight hours a night were 12% more likely to die within six years than those who got 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 hours of sleep. The increased risk was more than 15% for those who reported getting more than 8 1/2 hours or less than about 4 hours nightly.

The participants were ages 30 to 102. Few reported frequent insomnia — which, despite popular belief, was not associated with an increased risk of death.

"Additional studies are needed to determine if setting your alarm clock earlier will actually improve your health," said lead author Dr. Daniel Kripke, a psychiatrist at the University of California at San Diego.

The study was published in February's Archives of General Psychiatry.

Sleep experts said the research, though provocative, has several flaws. The study was not actually designed to look at sleep's effect on longevity. It relied on patients' recollections of their sleep habits and did not ask if they took naps. It did not look at the quality of people's sleep or whether they felt drowsy all day.

Dr. Phyllis Zee, director of Northwestern Memorial Hospital's sleep disorders center, said the results probably do not reflect the general population because participants were not randomly selected but were mainly friends and relatives of volunteers for the American Cancer Society, which collected the data as part of a 1982 survey on cancer risks.

Zee said it is possible that participants who got little sleep or slept eight hours or more had medical problems that would explain their increased death rate.

About 5% of the women and 9% of the men died during the six years after the survey, with heart disease and cancer the leading causes.

The research neglects strong evidence that there are natural sleep variations, said psychologist Rosalind Cartwright of the sleep disorders center at Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center in Chicago.

"There are natural-born short sleepers who are perfectly healthy with fewer than six or fewer hours," Cartwright said. "They couldn't sleep more if you paid them — because we've tried, and they can't."

She added: "There are natural-born long sleepers, who if they try to shorten their sleep to six hours, they're going to be grumpy."

And even mild sleep deprivation may result in daytime sleepiness and accidents, as Drs. Daniel Buysse and Mary Ganguli of Pittsburgh's Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic noted in an accompanying editorial.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/healths...deal-sleep.htm

Sleep? Whos that?

I usually only get 3 hours of sleep a day. Got too much to do to be sleeping.

I get about 6 hours a day... but like Alan said, you never know when you're going to pull an all-nighter in this biz...
    Jay » jay@frontdrive.com • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

I sleep 22 hours a day, however i'm told I do sleep walk into the my computer room alot

Sleep is a waste of time. It should be optional.
    Like sex.

The less you sleep the more you're f*cking up your health. If you sleep 8 hours a day, that's ok, but if you sleep 4 or 5 hours a day don't expect to be in good shape when you're getting older.

Originally posted by edude
    The less you sleep the longer you live
    Okay, maybe according to that study. But this won't be entirely true if you happen to fall asleep behind the wheel of a car because you only slept a few hours. According to other research I have read, people that do not sleep much have as high of a chance of causing major car accidents as those that drink and drive. Just my thoughts.

By the way, I voted for four hours of sleep since that is my average. Trust me, I know I have to listen to my own words...
    - Mark

Mark,

Yes, but they do not mean that less..

I mean 6-7 hours is good, sleep to much and one day you won't wake up

Originally posted by Hiccups
    Sleep is a waste of time. It should be optional.
    Like sex.
    haha

If it was optional, why would people sleep then?

Sleep walking into your computer room??
    Ewwwww, that sounds sooooo geeky !!

Originally posted by mark_uk
    I sleep 22 hours a day, however i'm told I do sleep walk into the my computer room alot

99% of wht'ers are geeks? so whos in the remaining 1%?

I get approximately 8-9 hours of sleep - I used to sleep 4 hours a day or less that everything got messed up and since then I'm sleeping more and doing a lot of sports
    Marketing For Hosting Companies:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast