2checkout fraudulant order warning - what now?

We've been using 2checkout for 3 days and I'm relatively happy with them. Seems easy enough to use and I like the 2 times a month deposit rule...much nicer than every 3rd day, with most merchant accounts.

Anyway, I've received 2 orders that had a fraud warning attached to them. One order was from a very long-time and very trusted customer of ours...the other was from an unknown.

How do I tell what criteria they based the warning on? Is there anyway to tell which issues, regarding those orders, sent the red flag warning to 2checkout??

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Tina, which merchant processor did you use before 2checkout?

edude, she used EMS, who didn't deserve her business.

Tina, why don't you contact your long-time customer about that? Perhaps they are the legitimate owner of the card, but it was stolen, they reported it, and forgot to tell you.

Last month I had a similar thing happen; the customer wasn't long-time (just 4 months) but there were absolutely zero reasons to be suspicious of him. Turns out his card was stolen from him and he provided the number of the replacement card.

I don't have a clue how 2checkout judges fraud, though. I assume they got the "card on warning bulletin' message when they processed it?

EMS?

2checkout cancel waaay to many of our legit orders - even if we send a covering email to them. It get's very frustrating at times.

In answer to your question, you can try emailing 2co and telling them it's legit, you might be lucky and they'll listen, instead of having them cancel the order.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.namecheap.com - hosting from a registrar DONE RIGHT!

Re: 2checkout fraudulant order warning - what now?

Originally posted by AffordableHost
    We've been using 2checkout for 3 days and I'm relatively happy with them. Seems easy enough to use and I like the 2 times a month deposit rule...much nicer than every 3rd day, with most merchant accounts.

Anyway, I've received 2 orders that had a fraud warning attached to them. One order was from a very long-time and very trusted customer of ours...the other was from an unknown.

How do I tell what criteria they based the warning on? Is there anyway to tell which issues, regarding those orders, sent the red flag warning to 2checkout??

--Tina
    My "canned" response (so bear in mind it refers to "products" rather than "services":

FRAUD CHECKING / HIGH FRAUD RISK

We use both the AVS (address verification) and CVV2 fraud checking. Additionally, we compare IP addresses against the location the card was issued. Suspicious orders are then phone verified.

"High Fraud Risk" sales are sales where one minor component of the AVS or CVV2 was filled in incorrectly or omitted. Most of these orders turn out to be fine. It may be a case of the credit card not having the information we requested (like a phone number for the issuing company). We request you wait an additional 24 hours prior to shipping so our fraud/ verification team can do some investigating. After the 48 hours, if we have not cancelled the order, go ahead and fill it.

At any time if you have a question on a "high risk" order, contact [email protected]

Yes, I understand what system you used to judge possible fraud...I want to know about each specific order you flag. What was it about THAT particular order you found funny? There should be a listing in our control panel...so that WE can judge if we want to take that risk.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Tina,

When you receive a high risk order warning simpy look down at the bottom of the email which explains what's not right. Either the user attempted to process the transaction too many times, failed the AVS or CVV2, or their IP doesn't match. If you don't understand the codes follow the link provided which explains what everything means.

Sincerely,

-Matt

We get those sometimes, just verify it yourself. Check the phone # and the IP (remember sometimes people charge stuff for other people) and if you dont feel kosher with it email them and dont open the acount.. or ship the merchandise in your instance.

How do you check the phone # other than actually ringing the person up?

Hi Tina,
    I happen to be a very happy user of 2checkout.com. I will admit that they have strong rules about the fraud. but to this day I have yet to have a problem. I have caught some, they have caught some. but over the long term they have protected my business from fraud and the potecial risk of that fraud. So I'm rather happy.

also just so that you know, there staff loves to respond to any request ( believe me I have given them questions from hell and the reply with smiles ) so I have faith in them.

Best of luck

mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.