I have a 14 day trial Plesk Control Panel.

I had a hostname defaulted to a domain1.etc that the name servers were not propagate to the colo center
of mds-ns3.domain.com (xx.xxx.xx.xx).

Although I have 2 other domains that were transferred few days earlier and when I did a name server
whois on it they do / did propagate but when I ping will not ping back. That sounds correct/okay.

I now add a site of 1 of the 2 domains to plesk and have all/everything setup okay but when I ping
it will not ping back. Do I have to wait 1-2 days to take action.

I had plesk installed twice in the past. One on RH 7.3 and installed the *.sh program file
and last night using the Plesk RPMs. Everything worked out fine except I wasn't able
to reply to email. I could send stuff via webmail local but replying I would get mail.domain.etc
host not found..

I now reinstalled the control panel and as a default I put a domain that has its DNS propagate
to the new colo center's dns. No ping, no traceroute for the host not being is that normal.

I followed Plesk stuff and clean O/S and such; just wondering if anyone out there uses
Plesk and had issues like this.

Email error I get:

Return-Path: <theaccount@etcetc.com>
Delivered-To: theaccountynet-com-theaccount@etcetc.com
Received: (qmail 9046 invoked by uid 48); 2 Jul 2002 20:44:28 -0000
To: theaccount@etcetc.com
Subject: test
Message-ID: <1025642668.3d2210ac1ee97@webmail.etcetc.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 13:44:28 -0700 (PDT)
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
User-Agent: IMP/PHP IMAP webmail program 2.2.7
X-Originating-IP: 66.xx.xx.xx

The original message was received at Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:42:33 -0700 (PDT) from sc-66-xx-xx-xxx.xxx.xx.com [66.xxx.xx.xxx]
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <theaccount@etcetc.com>
----- Transcript of session follows -----
550 5.1.2 <theaccount@etcetc.com>... Host unknown (Name server: mail.etcetc.com.: host not found)
Thanks for any help.