Freakiest Thing Just Happened To Me...

I just got a voicemail message from the Potsdam Village Police Department (about 3 hours away from me) and my phone woke me up saying I had a new voicemail. So, I listened to the voicemail, and they said that my number had just called them and there was no voice on the other line.

I didn't believe it at first...so after listening to it the 2nd time, they gave the number to call back. I checked my phone logs, and sure enough...I had called it a few minutes earlier. I did a search at www.anywho.com and it came back to the police department.

So, I called them back and explained I was just sleeping, and they took down my info.

Anyone else ever have their phone call random numbers while they sleep? I mean, I always have my cell phone with me in bed...but it's never called anyone before. Nonetheless, I put key lock on and need to go back to bed now.

Just thought I'd post this so I remember it when I wake up
    Big things coming soon

Do you have their phone number on your phone list? I always have the Fort Worth Police Department's phone number on my phone in case of an emergency.
    Kerry Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Jones
    Do you have their phone number on your phone list? I always have the Fort Worth Police Department's phone number on my phone in case of an emergency.
    No, I don't have them on my phone list. Like I said, the place I called is nearly 3 hours away from me. I don't need the local police as I've got those memorized (complaint line, main office, desk sergeant).
    Big things coming soon

Hello. Haв you placeв your phone number anywhere else?

I think Nick was doing a little sleep walking and sleep talking.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpster
    Hello. Haв you placeв your phone number anywhere else?
    What would that do?

The voicemail I got was from the police department...I checked the number before I called back and volunteered my personal information.
    Big things coming soon

I remember talking to a girl on the phone late night and almost asleep and said "Hey, don't I need to check your items out"? It was when I was cashier. lol
    Kerry Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Equentity - Jamie
    I think Nick was doing a little sleep walking and sleep talking.
    Lol...Apparently so. It was just strange...Out of all the numbers my phone could call, it calls a police station.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Jones
    I remember talking to a girl on the phone late night and almost asleep and said "Hey, don't I need to check your items out"? It was when I was cashier. lol
    LMAO! I bet you got called a pervert for that
    Big things coming soon

Maybe you are a victim of phone cloning.

Quote Originally Posted by RajanUrs
    Maybe you are a victim of phone cloning.
    I don't think so...The call log on my cell phone said I made the call...
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H
    I don't think so...The call log on my cell phone said I made the call...
    Its the underpants gnomes or prehaps the pixes...
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

You say you sleep with the phone... Is that the phone is on the bed next to you or like on a night stand? If it's on the bed, it's possible you hit the numbers or something. It's strange though that it called the police. Perhaps you hit 911 or something and that's who picks up for that cell phone?
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by steven99
    You say you sleep with the phone... Is that the phone is on the bed next to you or like on a night stand? If it's on the bed, it's possible you hit the numbers or something. It's strange though that it called the police. Perhaps you hit 911 or something and that's who picks up for that cell phone?
    It's in the bed with me...I have a queen size bed and it's just me...I only need half of it, and the other half is essentially storage

I checked the logs and it was the local # that I called and not 911. If I had called 911, they would have already busted in my door wondering what was wrong
    Big things coming soon

I'd go with the sleep dialing. Perhaps you had a Medium moment and wanted to tell them about it.
    -Steven | Cooini, LLC
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" -Aristotle