Exclamation Question about the bandwith

I Want to make personal web site and I don't know any thing about the hosting *Can u help me Please*

If I will make forum, No video/audio stream no download. How much bandwith does I Want ? and If I Will put vidoe stream, Does it will effect in the bandwith ?

and does 200 MG of Size enough ?!

Sorry if it was Silly questions but I don't know any thing about hosting .. and thanx for your time

bandwith is hard to estimate since its based on usage. Some of the guys with forums here will probably tell you how much bandwith theirs uses, and how many users their forums have. Thats a great way to estimate how much bandwith you will need.

Streaming will really eat away at your bandwith! A five minute video clip encoded at 96K would take almost 30 Mb of bandwith for one user to watch it.

Wooow 30 Mb of bandwith for one user ... I Think I will ignore this idea ...

Thanks Bro

I Will Change My Question ... Is 20 MG Of bandwith in the month is enough if I have forum in My web site ?

are you sure it's not 20 Gb? 20 Mb is not enough.

I Mean 20 GB

20 gigs should be more than enough bandwidth. I would suggest starting off with something smaller maybe 5 gigs and see if you use that up.. I have a pretty graphic intensive forum on one of my servers that gets about 3 million hits a month and it uses just about 20 gigs.. Thats to give you a rough idea.. If your streaming well thats totally different. Good luck

For a personal website 20Gigs is way too much..

I run a site for a 3rd party candidate in a governors race.

We have about 100+ (+/- 20) user a day w/ an average page size of about 20k...

The site uses about 150(+/- 50) megs a month....
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

ThanX Brothers For Your Time