Hello everyone. I am trying to start a webhosting business but have no clue where to start. I started searching various companies for reseller packages and one I came across was this special on Ebay. The package seems to hard to believe

Unlimted Bandwidth
    Unlimited Storage and up to 150 domains for only $30.00 US a month.

How could this be possible. I emailed [email protected] and they responded in a timley fassion, could this be a scam? Here is the Ebay Auction Link.

Theres no such thing as unlimited, also99% of hostign deals on ebay are scams, watch out.
    Patrick Schrader

I saw that ad on Ebay too. I emailed the guy and asked how that was possbile & if he really good offer unlimited everything why isn't Yahoo, ebay, etc hosting with him because they would probably save hundreds of thousands of dollars. He wrote back and said it is "unmetered", and that he doesn't limit anyone but he monitors to make sure no one is abusing the system.

I wrote him back and asked for info on his uptime, references and info on his company. He hasn't responded to those questions yet.

Never go for anything that says unlimited bandwidth or disk space. Always read the TOS and any other policies the company may have.

Exclamation Quicksols

I emailed this guy and he said basically there are 20 resellers on each server hosting 150 domains for each reseller. I dont know much about hosting servers but I think 3000 domains on one server is a little heavy

Melbourne, AU
    Like the other people have said, there is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth/data transfer. Be warned.
    Lowest prices on 2Gbps, 5Gbps & 10Gbps DEDICATED unmetered servers!!!
    █ Custom 10Gbps unmetered clustered server solutions! Email us for more info!
    Over 24 world wide locations to choose from!

Some one specifically asked me to respond to this so here i m.
    for JVRIENDS: U take an average, out of 20 reseller 16 of them will be using less then 20 domains. 90% of my resellers are still under 30 domains. Plus when u dont allow Adult sites or any kind of multimedia its possible. As far as data transfer is concern how much u think a standard site takes less then 1gb a month.
    Its not that we have only one server Email me and i can show i ve reseller when they start hosting heavy sites i give them option to move to better server. We are here to make money but if u want 90% of the pie then NO we dont do that.
    Feel free to email me at [email protected] with any question you may have. By the way i did change unlimited to unmeter now. Sorry about that

I have hosting with quicksols, and from what I can see, he overloads his servers which caused daily downtime until he FINALLY upgraded the ram one of the servers, I'd advise to stay away from if you want good uptime and a good connection.

What No shift key?

I have this "thing" about alegedly professional people that can not (or will not) capitalize the word "I"
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

RS servers
    Unlimited Space & Bandwidth
    Providing hosting since 17/99/3003

To quicksols,

Below is my opinion on what your saying, im not trying to bash you or be rude, its just my honest opinion and friendly advice.

JUST BECAUSE x% of so many users only use x% of bandwidth doesnt mean you should or have the right to lie to your customers and tell them your selling them an amount of bandwidth/storage that your not! This is not fair to the customer or the hosting industry.(By the way if its unmetered??????????? Then how would you limit it, making it appear to be to your customer as _________________,)

If you oversale, your reseller is overselling ontop of oversold bandwidth, etc. Overselling means two things, the customers are not getting what they are paying for and that centers that ARE TRYING to keep from overselling will eventually have to in order to make profits due to people that are... this is making a decline in support, quality, and speed in the industry and its starting to stink. Dont contribute to it...

Buy bulk, sell only what you have and you wont go wrong... Honesty wins customers, overselling is nothing less than a scam!
    How would you feel if you purchased a dozen eggs and never looked in the carton until you got home, then found there was only 9 in the carton, when you go back to the grocery store they say well the average person only eats 9 eggs!!!!!!!!!!!

Or if your boss onlly gave you 60% of your check and said,, well the average person can live off of 60% of that check amount?!!?

Its really quite simple, overselling is a scam, its wrong, and its hurting the industry more and more everyday.. the more you contribute to it the worse it gets until finally you will take all the quality out of hosting industry and there will be nothing but either oversold cheap bandwidth or high priced quality bandwidth(gee its like that now almost).

Overselling should not be done on purpose by any means. If neccessary it should be balanced at the very least, not a business plan.

Just my 2cents on the subject.
    A Resellers Dream, In a Box

I think i need to stop posting, LOL everytime i post in a thread it goes dead, am i that not liked??

A Resellers Dream, In a Box

Originally posted by jdp29053
    I think i need to stop posting, LOL everytime i post in a thread it goes dead, am i that not liked??

Actually your message make sense ... keep it going.

WirelessCon.Com BlackHat.INFO Business.NU

Hey jvriends,

Look at some of these company that post on this forum.

Dixie Systems

All these Companies have been here a while and generaly get
    good Reviews.

There are a few more also these are just the ones I see
    that are active here.

I am a Dixie Systems Customer for two months and very happy
    so far.