Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FDCServers

I always got really poor upload, and ok download

I had a nice little talk with Petr yesterday over email. They are well aware of the speed issues and seem to be trying to resolve these. They're pulling in some more Cogent lines very soon (within the next week I think), so that might have some effect.

I must admit that lately the speed of my server to the internet has decreased to what it used to be (though I do sometimes still get a decent speed, it sometimes comes down to 20 kb/s, downloading rpm's etc. into the server is always blazing fast). I'll just rest with the fact that they are aware of the problems and do want to resolve them. I'll gladly still place my faith in Petr and his staff and hope they get these issues resolved sooner rather than later. Where else can I get a server where I can have 2 OS restores within a 1 month period by my own request and not pay a dime for them (one to upgrade to redhat 7.2 and now another to get rid of Ensim and have CPanel installed).

Originally posted by hosticle
    I always got really poor upload, and ok download
    Hey, I can push 6MB/s in.... just out doesn't work that great.... ( <<< 256KB/s)...

Wanna trade?
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Originally posted by Tazzman
    Where else can I get a server where I can hope 2 OS restores within a 1 month period by my own request and not pay a dime for them (one to upgrade to redhat 7.2 and now another to get rid of Ensim and have CPanel installed).
    I agree with you on that part... FDCServers is great that way... but I really wish the communication would be a bit better.... well, a whole lot better!
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Too late now - cancelled my servers - too much headpain dealing with them - i might go somewhere professional for a change

Well, I personally never had any problems with communications. Granted their reaction times are sometimes slower than most, but I've still always found them to be well within reason. Guess I'm just lucky
    Last edited by Tazzman; 07-05-2002 at 02:55 PM.

Hey guys, how about we gather into a group and if kingcomp doesn't change the situation within these few days, we will leave as a group. (If we can gather around 30+ servers together, they can't just ignore us!)

I am sure we can get some sort of group discount if all of us moving to another host. I realized the price of dedicated server come down quite a bit and it's not hard to find a place < $100 for a decent dedicated server!

Interested ? PM me

The thing is, as you say dedicated servers have come down in price massivly. For an extra $30 you can get a server with a 100% SLA on network uptime and similar bandwidth cpacity.

More importantly you can get support instantly, rather than two or three days later.

And with the host i'm with they give a apc master switch, which means if the server goes critical, you can hard boot it, which will save most problems.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Could you tell me who is your provider ?

Thank you

Plenty of providers will give you APC masterswitches, some will bill you an extra for it, some wont, but either way, it's worth the $$$ if you ask me .
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

Petr did at one time state they would be offering APC switches, still haven't heared any more about it.

Feel free to leave as a group, I won't be one of them. Petr has given me very decent treatment in the past and present. More than I would ever expect for the amount I'm paying (seeing as I was an early customer I'm only paying $79 a month for one of the 100 MBIT servers). There are problems, but I have every confidence at this time that these will be adressed. Ask me again in 3 months, I may have changed my opinion by then, but for now I'll stick with kingcomp.

Maybe if enough people leave the network speed will improve and everybodies problems will be over

I still getting 8Kbytes/sec download time from my server, quite unhappy about it.

the weird part is , I am getting like 20ms ping time from the server, even though I can only download 8Kbytes/sec. From my limited knowledge on TCP, that suggested :

a, they put a lot of server behind one router.
    b, their router is very congested and lot's of packet drops.
    c, it's just my box.

Any ideas ?

I doubt it's just your box. Too many people complaining about it. Also I do have the slow speeds, but not constanly. Download speeds from my server go up and down like a jojo, varying from decent to about 20 kb/s... I heared that this isn't an issue on the 5MBIT deal and on the dedicated 10 MBIT deal. With those deals they put pess servers on one port (I would think 20 on a 100 MBIT port on the 5MBIT deal and 10 on the 10 MBIT deal). This all goes to suggest that it does have to do with the amount of servers behind certain routers.

Can I ask all SLOW FDCserver users, are you guys on the "OLD SPECIAL" deal boxes ? or the $99 dollar boxes ?

Petr is saying the reason is due to the old boxes (I am on a $79 plan) and he is offering to upgrade to $99 boxes and should fix the problem

* oh yeah

i got a 99$ Box and my server is very slow too so i´m very unhappy

Those 'old' boxes are on the same network as the new ones...

Re: oh yeah

Originally posted by C3PO
    i got a 99$ Box and my server is very slow too so i´m very unhappy
    oh are you???? and could you tell us IP # of your server ??

Originally posted by k6cheung
    Can I ask all SLOW FDCserver users, are you guys on the "OLD SPECIAL" deal boxes ? or the $99 dollar boxes ?

Petr is saying the reason is due to the old boxes (I am on a $79 plan) and he is offering to upgrade to $99 boxes and should fix the problem
    I'm on an old box and Petr replied offering the same. For now I've decided to just get a refund, but I appreciated Petr's honesty and I will consider doing business again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12