Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FDCServers

FDCServers

Is there some good way of contacting FDCServers?

I've sent in numerous emails, tried getting them on ICQ (never on).

Since they wish to ignore me for a WEEK now, here is what i've come to known:

Ask some presales questions and work out a deal, everything went smoothly and very responsive.

Get my server, with some delays (said they were waiting on local supplier for hardware) - Ok, fine with that.

They finally set the server up, the configuration isn't what we had agreed upon! (Everything was just about half)

So they change it, now the hard drive keeps spitting out errors.

They finally get a working server up, after I had requested a refund because it was getting borderline ridiculous. So, whatever, the server is up (now with Slackware upon my request, since they seemed to have a problem with FreeBSD (original OS)).

Everything is working great, getting decent speeds (up to 20mbit). I had about a 10 day uptime, no problems.

The recent OpenSSH vuln hit bugtraq, so i'm going to upgrade.
    I got a premade package from a big slackware site to install - it messed up and locked me out.

So i sent an email in to their support address a week ago, with specific commands to enter - anyone who can type could follow the instructions.

After a few days without any luck, i just tell them to turn telnet on (a VERY easy task, I included instructions too)

No response, nothing, nada.

I know, I know, you get what you pay for.
    This is a shining example.

I hear people recommended FDC Servers saying they are always available for support, etc... Well, I am a customer of FDC and i think those people are trolls. I do not recieve any responsive support, etc.

They were happy to take my money though.

I suggest mailing to petr@kingcomp.net

I nearly always go straight to his personal email as it gets things done faster. And I hope in your case it will get things done way faster.

I emailed him a handfull of times since then.
    Always support@kingcomp.net CC'd to petr.

Thats what i do
    i cc petr also.
    There are times when they r not really avialable
    Just sent them reminders.... and they should be able to get back in touch with u
    Its more like KEEP EMAILING them until they reply.

I was trying to have my account cancelled at FDC for about a month now. Emailing Petr directly, the sales and support at kingcomp account and also leaving ICQ notice but still nothing.

I signed up for their 1gb remote storage space just to check out their service but it only seems to work for the first few days. Basically downtime after that. After the first week, it was like 98% downtime or it feels like it. The 2% were extremely slow. 40mins to download 1mb file.

Terrible service. I guess Petr may be pretty selective on who he wants to reply. Not sure why people keep saying that they are good with support.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

FreeBSD install

What was the problems you had with the FreeBSD install?

nlist fail when running top/swapspace problems?

Re: FreeBSD install

Originally posted by frnht451
    What was the problems you had with the FreeBSD install?

nlist fail when running top/swapspace problems?
    It seemed specific to one partition, /usr

Anything trying to be installed for ports just hung, the drive was bad.

I think it was around 1.5 weeks to get a working server, maybe a little more... i'd have to check my email records.

It's too bad that I paid for 6 months in advance too.
    Shame on me, I know better than that and took a risk.

Originally posted by clockwork
    I think it was around 1.5 weeks to get a working server, maybe a little more... i'd have to check my email records.

It's too bad that I paid for 6 months in advance too.
    Shame on me, I know better than that and took a risk.
    if services weren't delivered then you can always talk to your credit card company.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Originally posted by dhabets

if services weren't delivered then you can always talk to your credit card company.
    Emailed them again and no response...

I might have to go that route, sadly.

I was patient for a week, sent them several emails... now it comes to this.

Like I said, I took a risk.

Oh, btw.

It's been 2 weeks now!

Mail Petr a few times... I'm still trying to resolve a problem as well... sometimes he responds within 10 minutes.... then other times it takes *much* longer. I'm still patient.... but it's running out as well!
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Try this, evening of 4th of July and I got IP's allocated to me in 10 minutes flat

Petr really should get a life, gotta love him though

Originally posted by Tazzman
    Try this, evening of 4th of July and I got IP's allocated to me in 10 minutes flat

Petr really should get a life, gotta love him though
    What the hell?

I guess he answers your requests, but not mine.

I've had them do 1 support thing (other than getting a working server).

This only the second thing!

Argh!

I guess it depends on the nature of the problem.... I mean it's not that hard to assign IPs

I guess it depends on the nature of the problem.... I mean it's not that hard to assign IPs
    Not to hard to turn telnet on either.

I even included instructions.

Edit /etc/inetd.conf, remove the comment (#) from the telnet line, killall -HUP inetd

Wow.. hard work

I'd rather them reinstall ssh, but it seems to be a problem and i'd rather deal with changing my passwords after doing it myself than waiting weeks for them to do it...

Wow.. hard work
    yeah.... I'm still waiting to get decent speeds from the server...

yeah.... I'm still waiting to get decent speeds from the server...
    Interesting...

I was able to push a good 20mbit/s out of my server (was running a software mirror during a big release).

Guess we're on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I'll trade you my speed for a day for your support, deal?

They have a space c-class :P

It's not hard to assign IP's when I cancelled my servers - which left them with a spare /24

I cancelled my servers since they cannot get reverse DNS working, become majorly unresponsive to support requests - and generally loosing the plot

oh oh! and only being able to sent out at < 8kb/s after 3 or so NIC changes and changing switches twice *laugh*

I only ever did recommend them for use as backup servers - if you use fdc for production servers - you are playing with fire

Cheers

Re: They have a space c-class :P

Originally posted by hosticle
    It's not hard to assign IP's when I cancelled my servers - which left them with a spare /24

I cancelled my servers since they cannot get reverse DNS working, become majorly unresponsive to support requests - and generally loosing the plot

oh oh! and only being able to sent out at < 8kb/s after 3 or so NIC changes and changing switches twice *laugh*

I only ever did recommend them for use as backup servers - if you use fdc for production servers - you are playing with fire

Cheers
    Ha! They got reverse dns working for me without a hitch...
    If we all put our servers together as one, we'll have a single working source!

Let's unite.

Ok, it's hard to see the humour in this situation.

Interesting...

I was able to push a good 20mbit/s out of my server (was running a software mirror during a big release).

Guess we're on opposite ends of the spectrum.

I'll trade you my speed for a day for your support, deal?
    Well, Petr has started to ignore me I think... let's send him an email again!

You can easily push 500K stuff INTO FDC servers less than 2 second. but to get that 500K stuff out ? It took around 66 + secs.

I strongly suggest you ONLY use FDC for backup or data storage servers (which is great coz they have excellent upload speeds)

Other than that....good luck.

wouldn't recomend them to a flea.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

I remember Kingcomp (fdc) saying awhile ago that they never put more then 3 servers to every 10mbps port (i guess they had like a cisco switch, then a bunch of hubs to it to save $$$). Thats 30 servers for every 100mbps..... I wonder how many servers per 100mbps links they have now , because surely it must be more then 3 if it's as bad as you people say it is.
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

Originally posted by k6cheung
    You can easily push 500K stuff INTO FDC servers less than 2 second. but to get that 500K stuff out ? It took around 66 + secs.

I strongly suggest you ONLY use FDC for backup or data storage servers (which is great coz they have excellent upload speeds)

Other than that....good luck.
    exactly my problem!!! But I'm not interested in high upload... I want to get fast download!?!

still no reply from petr...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast