Question World Web Hosters ?

Any feedback on this (very cheap) web hosting company?

http://www.worldwebhosters.com/
      0 Not allowed!

This forum officially ****ing sucks
      0 Not allowed!

Can't find anything in these search results...
      0 Not allowed!

Same
    This forum officially ****ing sucks
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe

This is a company that is very cheap it seems. You may want to be cautious. But you know if they end up sucking you only forked out like 99 cents or 4.50 depending on your plan. I can tell you one thing is that these ppl are not making much profit but the only thing is you may sacrafice quality for price.

Ill add more soon. The cable guy just came and is shuting down our cable making me lose my Inet conntection. Be back on this later.
      0 Not allowed!

Just some observations. I've never heard of them and do not know anyone that uses them. But, as cedwards says; caution may be the word of the day.
    According to whois, the domain name was just purchased on May 19th of this year.
    They are located at RackShack (nothing against RackShack). But it may explain their statement of, "We do not mark up a $.25 product (5 MB disk space, 500 MB Data Transfer) to $5.95 like you will find on so many other web hosting sites."

If you think they fit your needs, maybe you should try them.
    Nothing too wrong with being new. Often times support is a lot better then.
      0 Not allowed!

Let us know how it goes. It makes me wonder how they say they have "a few dozen" servers (according to a sales representative), yet it appers their clients only have two IPs for the domains they host...

http://worldwebhosters.com/login.html --> Logins for IP's ending 25 and 102

Sites hosted with them ( http://worldwebhosters.com/testimonials.html ):

worldwebhosters.com --> 207.218.206.25

shopwebmall.com --> 207.218.206.25
    banglacenter.com --> 207.218.206.25
    bangla.us --> 207.218.206.25
    bangladeshi.us --> 207.218.206.25
    joesgaragebbs.com --> 207.218.206.25
    tfhi.net --> 207.218.206.25
    offshore-pirateradio.net --> 216.127.70.102

They never replied my last inquiry where I asked about methods of payment other than credit card. They also have no phone numbers (even for emergencies) or addresses anywhere, including the whois-record. I feel uneasy about this.

Any news out there?

~ Wiccle Ltd: An Irish/intíl. web development company, creators of easy and powerful multi-purpose CMS software solutions. CMS Downloads @Wiccle.com ~
      0 Not allowed!

Don't use them!!!!!!!
    I am/was a customer I liked *cheap* their reseller deal. Mail is delayed, by a few days, if you try to send email from hotmail to your domain it took 2 days for me to receive it. Plesk server was down yesterday, and day before.

Support is real bad, they will not answer your emails sometimes.

I am going to cancel *very* soon.

I am just moving sites over to Deahost, and I so far have not had any problems with the service or support.
    So Deahost may suit your needs.
    Last edited by Cloudarama; 10-01-2002 at 07:13 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

suspicious

Yeah, it seemed way too suspicious. I went to dixiesys.com instead, they are transparent in their business. I have bad experiences with hosts who just stop communicating.
      0 Not allowed!

You get what you pay for...

I was with World Web Hosters for a week.
    The reason I choose them is because they are
    cheap, and yes, with cheap support too.

I registered with them, and found up that
    my email can't work. As a technical person
    I done some testing and found up that the
    problem is at their side.

Sent them the errors and explain to them
    what I had done and what they should do to
    solve my problem. After a couple of reply, I
    found up that the support is not a technical
    person!!! They're not even understand some
    term like DNS, A record, MX, and etcs.

Then I requested to talk to their CEO (Ryan Hicks).
    Ok, this guy know some of the technical stuffs.
    After a few more questions & answers, he feel that
    he has spent too much time on me, he canceled my
    account without telling me, and refund my money.
    *** The End ***

The ONLY good about them is they refund my money...

People out there, you make your own judgement...

UnixHQ
      0 Not allowed!

Just for if people are searching this form on World Web Hosters or Zosee.com they are the same company:
    See Whois..
      0 Not allowed!

I've had the same experience as bjcwebdesign.

My websites are unavailable almost every day, my emails asking for assistance are ignored, as are emails asking for my money back.

When my websites are working, the cgi-bin isn't, or webmail isn't.

When someone does get back to me, they tip-toe around the questions I've asked and then try and blame the problems on my ISP?!!?!

I wonder why they even bother. The line between providing a service and not providing a service is fairly obvious. Perhaps they should think about doing something else if they're not interested in providing this service in it's entirety.
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah

I tried them early this year and have had no problems so far. Any newbies can complain about any host. I will probably move my other sites to them early next year when my hosting runs up at *****. Support answers almost immediately, but I do not bother them much so I cant speak for all times. I would suggest them or *****, as both are good companies even if people complain about them both.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Yeah

Originally posted by therealieo
    I tried them early this year and have had no problems so far. Any newbies can complain about any host. I will probably move my other sites to them early next year when my hosting runs up at *****. Support answers almost immediately, but I do not bother them much so I cant speak for all times. I would suggest them or *****, as both are good companies even if people complain about them both.
    For real? Who's *****? Can you s-p-e-l-l it out?
    Last edited by Cloudarama; 12-07-2002 at 04:45 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

You signed up just to say that?

World Web Hosters have a chance to become a good host if they rethink their business model.

Unlimted bandwidth and lifetime hosting.... hehe
      0 Not allowed!

SpiritAu

The forum blocked out the other host's name. I do not know why. I will spell it out on lettter per line, and maybe it will not block it out (maybe this forum is against them or it is a mistake)

C
    I
    H
    O
    S
    T

I signed up because I like them as a host and the other host which gets blocked out if you mention. I think you have them confused with other hosts, because they have no unlimited plans. I would be scared of unlimited plans, just because you know that someone will abuse it and cause problems for everyone else on the server.

I have had sites for 6 years, and WorldWebHosters and ***** are the best that I have dealt with. I have seen people complain about both, and only spoke up here because no one was giving a different perspective. I hardly would make decisions based on people not understanding email accounts or how to run nameservers and blame their host for it. There are enough legitimately bad hosts out there to be talked about then good ones to be trashed by people who are new to web hosting and impatient or blame their common newbie mistakes on others. No web host is going to build and manage your site for you, you got to learn a few things along the way
      0 Not allowed!

Blocked again

Strangely it blocked out the other host's name when I mentioned it again. It might be close to something considered profanity maybe? I do not know. I also thought:

The people complaining are probably some of the ones that we hear complaints about. There are too many resellers out there that know nothing about web hosting and hurt businesses that blindly trust them The worst place of all is eBay for a web host. You are asking for trouble getting hosting through eBay. "70GB space and 100GB transfer" for $5 a month? You want to find a host to complain about do a search for web hosting on eBay and you will find a lot
      0 Not allowed!