Stargate won't let me transfer domain away!

Has anyone had any luck transferring domains away from Stargate to another registrar?

I waited a week for the transfer, and got a "Canceled - Transfer rejected by losing registrar" e-mail.

I'm not using Stargate's DomainLock feature (which they charge for anyways).

In contrast, transferring domains to Stargate was a breeze.

Hi kreativ

I have transfered domain to and from StarGate - no problems.

>>"Canceled - Transfer rejected by losing registrar"
    That means that StarGate could not get your new registrar to take your doamin.

Wait a few days and try again, and tell me if I'm wrong

Stargate Auto-Acks all transfers. Which means the registry does not require them to ack the transfer. The registry will automatically process the transfer 5 days after the transfer was requested by the gaining registrar. When I have had clients want to transfer domains away from Stargate and they failed, the failure was always related to the new registrar, I would start by contacting the new registrar, they can determine why the domain transfer failed. Also, make sure your domain is older than 60 days.

Ooops !

You must request the transfer from the "other" registrar if you are transfering out of Star Gate - I must be getting old

Thanks for the feedback. Now i know it's a problem with my new registrar and not Stargate.

oh yeah but i tried to transfer domain from namesdirect to stargate, doesn't work, they wun accept other registrar they didn't list

Originally posted by kraystone
    oh yeah but i tried to transfer domain from namesdirect to stargate, doesn't work, they wun accept other registrar they didn't list
    They will, via a "manual order" - open a ticket for it.

If you received a message saying that your transfer was rejected by the losing registrar, that's generally not a problem with the gaining registrar...

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

Turns out the gaining registrar accidently submitted the transfer request twice to the losing registrar, thus causing the rejected message.

Interesting, I've seen this happen to me with OpenSRS as the gaining registrar.

please note that sometimes (I am not sure that it's always, but can be a ICANN requirement) the domain should be with the registrar for not less than 60 days.... if it's not, the transfer will simply fail.... Not to mention that it should not expire shortly or be on-hold statuss