apache Virtual server

I have been using freevsd for awile, and I'm wondering if apache virtual server, any good in comprison

apache virtual host is just to host another domain
    This forum officially ****ing sucks

in another words, it doens't do the same thing?

no it doesnt do the same thing! btw, have you installed the gui for freevsd or have you setup some other control panel on the virtual servers? can i see a demo? please PM.

Thanks!

Sharkman, another thing you might want to check out is "vserver," a package sort of like FreeVSD. You can find it at http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/miscprj/s_context.hc and I believe it is GPLed.

Also, I'm intending to buy a dedicated server soon, and have toyed with the idea of putting either FreeVSD or vserver on it. What has your experience been with FreeVSD? Does it put much of an added load on the system? Is it easy to configure? You seem like you want to find something else to use?

Hope my input about vserver helps, and let me know how you've like FreeVSD so far if you get a chance.

Originally posted by sharkman
    in another words, it doens't do the same thing?
    yeh

sorry guys, it is not me who installs the vsd, I can't help you much

actually it's rather easy to run a kind of virtual apache server (virtual private server) in chrooted environment on almost any Unix/Linux machine. All you need is ipchains/iptables for port forwarding, multiple IP addresses and there you go

And of course skills with vi or pico editor