Thread: quick question

quick question

Does anyone know approximately, how hits of standard html pages, could you get in a 300 GB transfer

It's a big number. Dependant upon the size of the pages.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I know, but I need a far fetched approximation

say a page was 10k with no images. Multiply that by 100 thats a meg, multiply that by 100 thats a gig, multiply that by 300 thats 300 gigs. I doubt if you have a static html page you could transfer up to 300 gigs anytime in the next century. Please someone correct my math if its wrong. Im not awake yet.
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack

rough estimate...billions and quadzillions of hits! Im not sure if this is an exact science but if you are worried about this I would simply try it out and test your transfer. You will be suprised that it probably wont even come close to 300 gigs unless you have millions of hits.
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack

Let's say your average page is 50kb. 300GB is roughly 300,000,000kb. 300,000,000kb/50kb = 6,000,000 page views.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Thanks Jay! I was only off by like 10 million hits or so~

Browser uses cache.
    http://dynastyhost.com -Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Plans
    Web Hosting Since 1999
    Toll Free 1-866-307-HOST

Doh even more hits!