Co-location Special Offers

Can you guys add this to advertising forums?

id like to see this as well
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack

hmm, I think if anything...

they would make the dedicated advertising forums as Dedicated & Colocation Special Offers instead of putting colocation on its own.. i haven't seen many colo deals around here but I guess if it was created, people would post deals on there

Colocation and Dedicated are not the same thing. Colocation should have it's own forum.

Originally posted by ClusterMania
    Colocation and Dedicated are not the same thing. Colocation should have it's own forum.

Ehhh.... Valid point....

But, comon... whats the difference b/twn the 2...

One you own the server, the other you don't...

Aside from that their pretty much the same thing (except for of course what you use the computer for (but, they don't really care either way)....

Yes I know... one sells space, the other sells a hosting option... In the end they are both simply unmanaged servers.

But, most dedicated companies (resellers aside) probably also do colocation as well...

And alot of sites have Dedicated/Colocation as a menu option...

I agree w/ alpha in that it should be Dedicated & Colocation
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

Arrgg. If Robert was to do this, the SEARCH function and the VIEW NEW POSTS function would be unusable for serveral hours.

Can't live without 'em

Then might as well add Reseller Special Offers too...
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

... And VDS
    Andrew Walenczykiewicz
    StyleMy.com

Talking

Being more specific doesn't hurt

Originally posted by ClusterMania
    lol, umm... yea. thanks for the elaboration.

Anyways, what I was trying to say was... in light of the fact that WHT growing is all good and well. I don't like the fact that the biggest growth exist in WHT advertising forums... if we had every single 'different type' of hosting with its own forums at WHT.. you would see everything from domains, design, dedicated server, colocation, programming, virtual hosting, semi-dedicated hosting, reseller hosting, job, etc.

So I say if anything at all, group some of them together - since there is a big difference between shared and dedicated offers, the split was justified... but colocation having its own forums while it can be related to dedicated servers in many ways doesn't seem justified... besides, I haven't see that many colo deals around here (or maybe I was just blind )

*edit*
    I personally don't like the fact that the butt of WHT (the ad forums ) is getting bigger and bigger daily...

I agree that there should be a seperate forum for colocation.