Strange problem.. Can anyone help?

Hello,

I am currently running into a problem when I change any domains IP on my server. When I change it, the new IP resolves to the users webspace just fine, but when the domain is entered into a browser, the APACHE, IT WORKED!! Page is displayed, such as it would for the main IP on the server. This hasen't happened before.. Can someone provide some clues?

Thanks.

Are you

Are you updating your dns? Even if you do you may see strange dns propogation issues for a while.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

Yup - and also what registrar is the domain with?
    Some point domains to IP numbers.

OK the page that is displayed (the Apache Default) is located at /home/httpd/html/index.html

Lets say your user user-id is mack then his directory where his htmls should be is /home/mack

So if you upload an index.html to the user directory it should show up when you type www.hisdomainname .com BUT if there is no index.html under the user directory the system sends you to the default apache index under home/httpd/html/

Also there are other things we need to check but first make sure that you have index.html under the user directory.

Regards,

Al-Juhani

Hi,

Thank you for your responses.

cbaker, yes, I update the dns information through whm. But it still doesn't work.

As for having an index.html file in the directory. Yes, there is, and it still doesn't work. Also, the registrar that registered the domains don't point to a specific IP. It will also do it on any domain on the server, so it doesn't seem to be a registrar issue.

Any other ideas?

Re: Strange problem.. Can anyone help?

Originally posted by jasonX
    Hello,

I am currently running into a problem when I change any domains IP on my server. When I change it, the new IP resolves to the users webspace just fine, but when the domain is entered into a browser, the APACHE, IT WORKED!! Page is displayed, such as it would for the main IP on the server. This hasen't happened before.. Can someone provide some clues?

Thanks.
    What do you mean by "the new IP resolves to the users webspace"?

If the domain name resolves to the correct IP (mail,FTP,telnet,ssh,ping,traceroute etc. all work as they should) Then it is likely a webserver configuration problem. Have you determined that the webserver software is configured with the appropriate document root for that domain/IP address? How did you determine that if such is the case?

One more thing. I was also thinking of anything I've changed in the config for a while. THis is my resolv.conf, can anyone possibly see anything here that could be posing a problem? Thanks!
    ----------
    domain darkorb.net
    search darkorb.net
    nameserver 204.246.138.2
    nameserver 204.246.138.3
    ----------
    Jason

Elsmore1, I mean that there New IP that is assigned to them, resolves to there webspace just fine when it is entered into a browser. And yes, I've checked httpd conf entrys for domains I changed. There still suppose to be pointing correctly.
    Jason

Hi Jason.

Your domain name darkorb.net is not on the name servers you listed. According to the registar your domain is on the following DNS:

Domain servers in listed order:
    DNS.BURST.NET 66.96.193.2
    DNS1.BURST.NET 66.96.194.2
    NS1.HOSTNOC.NET 66.96.193.3
    NS2.HOSTNOC.NET 66.96.194.3
    NS3.HOSTNOC.NET 205.162.51.248
    NS.LIQUIDWEB.COM 64.91.224.2
    DNS.SITE5.COM 64.21.152.7

Also check the link below, for testing your DNS, it shows some faults:

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsre...in=darkorb.net

Regards,

Al-Juhani

darkorb.net isn't my domain.. it's cpanel's. The maker of CPANEL.NET
    Jason

Originally posted by jasonX
    Elsmore1, I mean that there New IP that is assigned to them, resolves to there webspace just fine when it is entered into a browser. And yes, I've checked httpd conf entrys for domains I changed. There still suppose to be pointing correctly.
    OK, sorry about the confusion IP addresses aren't usually referred to as "resolving" that's what you do to domain names. (You resolve a domain name to an IP address)

Is the domain in question darkorb.net and what is the new IP address for it supposed to be?