Number of Thread Views gone down?

hi all,

Does anyone has felt that from the past few weeks number of views of threads have gone down at wht ??
    Is traffic at wht been gone down a bit or is it something else?

Just wanted to take opinion of other fellow members abt it.

Thanks,

kamran
    AKDesigner
    We Design Your Dreams
    ---------------------

All thread views or just your threads?

i feel all threads view specially in the advertisment sections.
    You can even just browse them now and will notice it has gone down considerably.
    Atleast thats how im feeling ever since christmas.
    What do you think mate ?
    AKDesigner
    We Design Your Dreams
    ---------------------

Not so many fluff posts now that get reported (that was worth a good 20 views from mods following reports). The fluff posters don't bother clicking the links now because they know their fluff post won't count

oh so that post count thing has even effected the number of views as well.......

I just counted in Template/Graphics advert forum that at 1st page only 7 threads have around 100 or above views where as ive been member since 1year and this section always had atleast couple of 200 plus views and quite a few above 100...
    so my immediate feeling was that perhaps less members are coming to wht lately...

but atlteast you agree that number of views count shows less number than what it was used to few weeks or so ago regardless of the reason....
    AKDesigner
    We Design Your Dreams
    ---------------------

Doing a search of your posts I see no difference to speak of

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=575801 319 views Posted Jan 10
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=567118 329 views Posted Dec 5

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Doing a search of your posts I see no difference to speak of

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=575801 319 views Posted Jan 10
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=567118 329 views Posted Dec 5
    What about others mate ?
    AKDesigner
    We Design Your Dreams
    ---------------------

Quote Originally Posted by InnovativeDesigners
    oh so that post count thing has even effected the number of views as well.......

I just counted in Template/Graphics advert forum that at 1st page only 7 threads have around 100 or above views where as ive been member since 1year and this section always had atleast couple of 200 plus views and quite a few above 100...
    so my immediate feeling was that perhaps less members are coming to wht lately...

but atlteast you agree that number of views count shows less number than what it was used to few weeks or so ago regardless of the reason....
    If your theory is correct, it would seem thread views is now a more accurate depiction of interest in a thread. By lowering the fluff count, the numbers no longer reflect people who never had any interest in the thread at all. Much better for measuring ad effectiveness
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by InnovativeDesigners
    What about others mate ?
    Since you are hooked on thread views, maybe you can take some time to give us some examples I moderate, I don't check to see how many have viewed the gazillion threads forum wide. As your focus is the templates forum, let us know your findings

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Since you are hooked on thread views, maybe you can take some time to give us some examples I moderate, I don't check to see how many have viewed the gazillion threads forum wide. As your focus is the templates forum, let us know your findings

well i think this thread itself is my finding..... lolz
    come on mate just run through the page of template/graphics offers and see the number of views accross the page...anyone who is a regular member and visits that section quite often can notice that the number of thread views has gone down(reason can be any) even though my thread still have a descent number of views as compared to most of the others....

but anyway my point of putting this question was just to take opinion from other members because thats what i was feeling nothing more than that.....
    Last edited by webhosting-templates; 02-02-2007 at 10:07 PM.
    AKDesigner
    We Design Your Dreams
    ---------------------