Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How did I find out about it

After checking my webalaizer logs I found they had been on my site quite a bit, so I thought I would check it out.

I still cant belive it!
    HostHeadQuarters.com
    Reliable Hosting
    Great Support
      0 Not allowed!

Ok I have emailed them and the provider ... any other ideas ?????nothing is being linked so is makes it hard
    HostHeadQuarters.com
    Reliable Hosting
    Great Support
      0 Not allowed!

Call your lawyer and send the provider legal notices, or write up your own that you intend to hold them liable, you might not actually be able to do it, but if noone will respond, that might help
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com
      0 Not allowed!

I always feel the need to drop in and write these people nasty letters. Is this the wrong thing to do?
    Chris Miller
    PromoPunch
    Custom Imprinted Promotional Products
    www.promopunch.com 1-800-750-8530 x221
      0 Not allowed!

t e r r a h o p ..... YOU SUX PEOPLE...

I'm really about this fu*cking people doing this fu*cking things all the time...

******** su*ckers!!
    and people stupid like this... is SO stupid... that they have a <link href="HostHeadquarters_files/styles.css" type="TEXT/CSS" rel="stylesheet"> line in the code.... what a sucker!
    CAS Networks SL | Businesss Solutions Provider
    -> www.cascompany.com, IT Related B2B since 1997.
    -> Premium Dedicated Servers & Private Reseller Accounts
    -> Certified Solutions Architect - Proven System Administrator - DevOps Enthusiast
      0 Not allowed!

Ben recently asked me at FWS when the domain was to be uncensored and the username unbanned. It was in 30 days or less. I'll let him know that his URL and username won't be unblocked until he stops ripping WHT member's sites. Best I can do for ya'.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken
      0 Not allowed!

Cheers chicken
    HostHeadQuarters.com
    Reliable Hosting
    Great Support
      0 Not allowed!

WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Bravo to Chicken for telling that ex-user that!

Your design, hostheadquarters.com, is awesome! It's really one of the best designs I've seen, and I'd be really pissed if I were you. It's also one of the most obvious rips I've seen.

Solution: You have to keep trying various things until something works. I'm not good with traceroute but I took that addy to netcraft and it looks like they may be a customer of nodehosting or Time Warner. If it's nodehosting, they post here I believe.

I would first call them and complain. Their phone number is listed on their site.

If no results, then I'd find out their ISP and make sure you send a complaint to an address there that can help. Threaten them with a copyright lawsuit. Also send a copy to t**rahop.com.

If no results then, keep trying other things until you succeed. Got a friend in the Crescent City, CA area? You might have them make a house call, but then again, the street address could be fake.

Good Luck! ... and I'm sorry that happened to you.
    Last edited by chrisb; 07-01-2002 at 04:56 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Funny thing is that he didn't copy over the copyright notice

James
      0 Not allowed!

Pretty sad. Sorry to see it.
      0 Not allowed!

Can anyone tell who te**hop's host or ISP is? I don't know much about traceroutes, but the traceroute looked strange to me. I could not even see any names past hop 10; just numbers.

Someone please post the host or ISP for te**hop.com.

hostheadquarters.com... Let us know how it turns out.
      0 Not allowed!

We had the same thing happen last month. We saw there referrers in the logs, dummies uploaded to their server first, so it was easy to spot.

We contacted them, told them to take it off, it was stolen. They responded that a college student was hired to do the work, we are embarressed. I gave them 1-week to take it down, nothing changed. I gave them a 48 hr notice or the consequences would not be in favor of their company. They did nothing, so I had already figured out who their server was with, got on the phone and told them to take care of business or we would. The site was changed within 24 hrs and fixed.

It was a reseller for someone..

Now last night I catch someone with our site loaded up in frontpage. I popped up live chat with him, hahaahah..

I told em rippin sites was illegal, nothing came back, he left .. I guess it will show up somewhere else now..

Ahh well.. Life on the Net
      0 Not allowed!

This sucks
      0 Not allowed!

omfg that sux man.

makes me thinks twice about becoming a webdesigner in a years time. GRR
      0 Not allowed!

There are several courses of action:

1) You should to get your lawyer to send them a cease and desist letter immediately.

2) Send them your own cease and desist letter immediately.

3) File a civil suit against them. Here in the US, a small suit for a low amount (< $5,000 US) can be filed inexpensively. I don't know about the costs where you are.

I'd think that one of the above would get their attention.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.
      0 Not allowed!

Following up:

Here's a link to a copyright infringement C&D letter you can use:

http://www.lawforinternet.com/pdf/en...rade_extra.pdf
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.
      0 Not allowed!

Question Doubt...

I've been reading this thread and then wondered about an entry in my logs:

200.199.141.4 - - [30/Jun/2002:13:25:55 -0400] "GET /_vti_inf.html HTTP/1.0" 404 - "-" "Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; MS FrontPage 4.0)"
    200.199.141.4 - - [30/Jun/2002:13:25:56 -0400] "POST /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc HTTP/1.0" 404 - "-" "MSFrontPage/4.0"

As I don't use FrontPage and I don't have enough knowledge to understand it, I've wondered what was this "user" doing. Can anyone explain me if it has something to do with "ripping off" sites?

Thanks for your answers.
      0 Not allowed!

Alright, no one's posted this yet, but someone asked... Traceroute on my box doesn't work (don't ask...); the IP of t**rahop.com resolves to 66.192.45.144, which is a netblock owned by Time Warner. Yeah, this sucks, but it's amusing in a way -- I can't think of a better way to ruin your reputation than to rip off a design (and a really good, distinctive one at that) and make it very obvious that you ripped it off. Hopefully anyone planning on signing up will have the wisdom to check here first.

By the way, a question from me, as a newbie... I don't understand the deal with 'banning' the word te**ahost? Doesn't that just make it so that, when people in the future search for them, they won't find it? I'm a complete newbie; can someone fill me in?
      0 Not allowed!

Goto the the ripped site.

Right click on the "Welcome" image, goto properties (In IE)

http://www.********.com/HostHeadquarters_files/body_headers_welcome.gif
    "HostHeadquarters_files"

Someone contact 2checkout?

Look at what I found, address look familar?

http://dncssdp.plopsite.com/contact.html
    Last edited by ljprevo; 07-01-2002 at 12:08 PM.
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!
      0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fog
    t**rahop.com resolves to 66.192.45.144, which is a netblock owned by Time Warner.

I can verify that IP is the guy 'cause he posts in another forum and has listed that as a link in one of his posts!

Given the response to all of this, I'm now glad to say that he has changed his site and isn't a direct rip off hostheadquarters.com any more!
      0 Not allowed!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by braves
    Originally posted by fog
    t**rahop.com resolves to 66.192.45.144, which is a netblock owned by Time Warner.

I can verify that IP is the guy 'cause he posts in another forum and has listed that as a link in one of his posts!

Given the response to all of this, I'm now glad to say that he has changed his site and isn't a direct rip off hostheadquarters.com any more!
    Great news! Glad to hear that.
      0 Not allowed!

... is SO stupid... that they have a <link href="HostHeadquarters_files/styles.css" type="TEXT/CSS" rel="stylesheet"> line in the code.... what a sucker!
    What!? It isn't "RiPPed_HostHeadquarters_files/styles.css"
    Truly disgusting!
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."
      0 Not allowed!

Yes I belive when he knew there was a letter coming from my lawyers he backed out and fast!

Just for a laugh this is what he sent me

Name: Ben Kerensa (********)
    E-mail: ben@********.com
    Phone Number: (707)465-5867
    Comment: Hey,
    I am not sure what is going on Dave the guy who made our first design said he got that new template from illusive designs i have taken down the site until Dave gets in the office ill e-mail you with a update our apologies if it was ripped of i am the owner and personally extend a apology but i was told it was a free layout he get of some template site

Thanks for all your help guys
    HostHeadQuarters.com
    Reliable Hosting
    Great Support
      0 Not allowed!

Oh like a professional webhost would use a 'free layout' off 'some template site'
    . . . and as if it even looks like one.
    I think you have been insulted.

*wishing I could find such a nice 'free layout' off 'some template site'*
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast