About Us. What do u guys think

This is a preview of a the page layout for my site. Any comments?

http://gal2max.virtualave.net/afinal.jpg

If that was going to be a graphic design site or something similar I'd say excellent.

The first thoughts... it's dark and confusing. I've figured out where the menu navigation is, but I'm curious to know where the content will actually go, if it goes in the grey section at the bottom then that seems very low down to me. The effects you've done with the gold in the top part is impressive, but I think you might want to scale that down a bit, and have either something more plain for the menu items or stick the menu items in buttons.

The "About Us" title is too close to the edge, but that could be due to the screen shot, so not sure on that... you might want to move it in slightly.

It might help if you tell is what type of site the layout is for?

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

thanks its a graphic site, yes the content is going to be in the grey area.

It shouldn't be too confusing, have a look at this is i think this is confusing
    look at the gallery layout
    http://www.cubadust.com/ <---- I love this site
    Last edited by 3217; 06-30-2002 at 04:33 AM.

Pretty cool graphics on that site (http://www.cubadust.com/), but just slightly too much for me as I don't like to wait for sites to load, even though it loaded quickly for me since I've got a fast connection... I feel sorry for those people who have slower connections as they certainly wouldn't want to wait ages for the site to load.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

That site rocks! Anyway yr right about the word being too close to the edge, i didn;t realsized.. Thanks

hi Gazal........
    I like what you have done with the design........I personally would have preferred it in a whitish silvery color style.....but it does look good as is........

The text box I think can be done better.....because it doesnt seem to fit in very well with the rest of the design.....although I would like to see it with text..........

anyway, its a good effort...........and that cubadust site is great.......I am getting some of their wallpapers now........

cheers
    --

i like it alot

I Like it.. but I Think theres too much happening in the picture, although it doesnt move, it isnt clear enough but overall 9/10!! Cool Design.
    Quality Hosting Template For Sale! -

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59932

Hey guys thanks I'm still messing around with the image.. will repost when its done

21inchguns: Cubedust cool huh?

Nice Design and use of Graphics. But would take up a lot of loading time, and visitors would probably leave while loading....
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote

It should be ok when i slice up the image right? I could b wrong

that site is really confusing at first look.

Which one? mine of cubedust?

It's a design graphic site showcasing talent and creativty. That's probaly why its confusing

Hello,

I definitely like the creativity in the design. As a graphic designer, I like the randomness and texture...but as a consumer/client, the site may be too confusing.

Remember, if the user can't find your navigation and thinks that the site is too confusing, you will lose him. Keep up the good work though!

Kind regards,
    InterNich LLC
    Founder

Bringing you PicResize.com (More than 95 million pictures resized since 2005)

Yeah, i know what your guys are saying and i do agree with it. But i guess if you are lauching a high-end graphic site, then you have to do your best to blow the vistors away, so to speak..

Thanks for the comment.

Very crrazy looking.

Re: About Us. What do u guys think

Thats some excellent graphics you have there