confused about 3rd party merchant

Hello, i need a 3rd party merchant account within 2 days, the options infront of me now are revecom & 2checkout , i was about to go with hostcharge but they donot offer plug and play url shopping cart which is my necessity because i need different multiple pricing for my website designing clients.

I'll use merchant account for hosting & webdesigning services but the recent threads that i'v gone through make me really confused, it seems that 2checkout doesnt answer to customer problems frequently, fruther some survey thingy going on, as far as revecom is concerned they seems to reject valid cc's because of their fraud detection system, further they deduct 1$ as well for every customer attempt to input cc numbers (i think from hosting company account?...does 2checkout deduct 45 cents for the same thing as well?). Now i don't know where to go, so i need some good advice from you people!!

further how much does revecom charge for international wire transfer and cheques?

Thanks!

You could always try other credit card processing companies such as WorldPay, but it may take longer than 2 days to set up an account with them... I've been with them for about a year now and they've provided an excellent service with great support.

I've not used Revecom or 2CheckOut before so I can't comment on them, but a LOT of the web hosting companies here use them so they must be good. Personally, I think Revecome is better, as they have an active support team that will reply to your emails, they also have a more professional feel to their website, which sometimes tells a lot about a company.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

Believe me, Revecom sometimes doesn't reply, either. And they have been known to do other weird stuff like move their servers or change offices and not warn anyone that nothing will work for a few hours or a day or so. Stuff like that. Plus, Revecom's payment pages aren't as customizable and easily integrated as 2checkouts' are.

Both are good, as 3rd party merchants go -- with 2checkout probably being the better of the two, as nearly as I can tell. I've been somewhat more impressed with 2checkout, generally, than Revecom. But, honestly, I'm not sure you'd be shooting yourself to go with either of them.

Were someone holding a gun to my head and demanding that I pick the one that I believed I'd be happier with, all things considerered, I guess I'd say 2checkout. And I don't mean that to sound like I wouldn't choose them without a gun to my head. I'm just saying that if I were you and I had to choose knowing no more about them than you do right now, I'd choose 2checkout. And if you did, I believe you'd probably be pretty happy.

2checkout is growing fast -- the operative word there being "fast." And, as such, it's going through some growing pains. When that happens, it's unavoidable that a certain number of people will complain, as you've seen in these forums lately. Also, 2checkout is struggling with what to do about the growing fraud problem. They're trying to walk a fine line of protecting themselves and not making enemies of their clients. It's very difficult. And it's taking up a lot of their time.

So don't be put off by negative 2checkout postings you've read here lately. It's a transient sort of thing, I believe. This, too, shall pass.

Just my .02 worth.
    Gregg L. DesElms

Thanks for the info Gregg but still waiting for a response from someone who is already using their system

Just go with 2Checkout, they seem reasonably price, and they are on the forums pretty often.

2checkout is good. No problems since 1 month sign-up (just one minor which was fixed fast). Everything is smooth.
    Orlando Magic--> 05-06 CHAMPS

I would say this about 2checkout, I personally have received bad support and I have orders several weeks old where I still haven't received the money in my account, and the orders a in good standing as far as the person goes.

Originally posted by amadeus
    Thanks for the info Gregg but still waiting for a response from someone who is already using their system
    Yes, you're absolutely right. After 24 years in this business, and literally thousands of paid consulting engagements wherein I researched vendors and helped clients decide between them -- and was paid $120 an hour to do so -- I couldn't possibly have the skill to differentiate between Revecom or 2checkout, or to make a recommendation upon which one could rely with any degree of certainty without my actually having been a customer of both.

I also never believe it when I see three people before me touch something hot and recoil in pain. I must always touch it myself before I truly believe it's hot.

I'm so sorry I wasted your time with my observations. What was I thinking?
    Gregg L. DesElms

That was uncalled for

Gregg...you reacted as if he had said your opinion was useless. But, quite contrary, he said thank you....just still would like to hear from actual users. There is nothing unreasonable or impolite about what he said. However, as to your fly-off-the-handle reaction, he did not deserve that.

Hey Gregg, don't take it that way everyone's advice means alot to me, and by the way i have decided to go with 2checkout

Further they offer 30 days money back guarantee, so theres a reason to give them a try!!

Hmm. Well... I may have overreacted, I dunno. If so, I apologize. It's been a long weekend -- one where everything went wrong. This may be on me. I'll sleep on it and re-read this thread when I'm rested and I'll see how it hits me at that time.

In the meantime, I'm not necessarily saying you should go with 2checkout. I believe you would not be shooting yourself in the foot to go with either of them. I just have a sneaking suspicion you'll be happier with 2checkout.

It's worthy of note, however, that 2checkout's number of unhappy customers in these forums has risen precipitously in recent days. From my talks with them, I'm of the opinion that that's a combination of statisitical probability (their increased numbers of customers) and their being preoccupied with fraud and new ways of coping with it.

That having been said, who knows... maybe 2checkout is beginning some kind of slide, here. I dunno. No one knows but them I suppose. I suspect not, but I guess none of us really knows.

Again, I'm sorry if I took it wrong and, moreover, overreacted. It's certainly not the first time it's happened...

...just as my ex-wife.
    Gregg L. DesElms

that 2checkout's number of unhappy customers in these forums has risen precipitously in recent days
    2checkout is a good company, I feel a lot of these people overreact when something goes wrong so the first thing they know to do is post "IVE BEEN SCREWED"....

dude, go with 2checkout - you'll be happier.
    Regards,
    Santiago Yajan Cruz
    -----------------------------------------------
    [://Insert ancient Chinese saying here ...]