Did something silly with SHH update...

ok...went and updated to the new SSH pkg from pkgmaster. i forgot i had put SSH on a diff port XXXXX than the default 22. i overwrote my sshd.conf file with the new default file that came with the new pkg. so now it reverted back to port 22.

the problem is, i have pmfirewall running and port 22 is blocked. i can't get into the system to change the port in the conf file nor open up the port in pmfirewall. so i'm kind of in a rut...totally forgot about the different port/firewall config.

anyone have any ideas on how to get around it and get into the raq?

1- try to enable telnet from the GUI, but Iīm sure your pmfiirewall is blocking telnet also...
    2- Do you have webmin installed? try to execute a custom command from webmin (/sbin/ipchains -F) and then thee firewall will be gone until you reboot.
    3- If you donīt have webmin, call your hosting company and ask them to log in from the console and clear the firewall (ipchains -F) then you will be able to enter and fix the problem.

nope, dont have webmin installed. but i think there's a pkg available to install from cobalt-aid.

im going to try that and see if i can flush ipchains. will update in a second.

! you just saved me a huge headache. webmin worked, flush the ipchains rules through the webmin and i was able to login. thanks!!!

One final suggestion: install https for webmin and try to restrict the IP access range.

yea...webmin is currently https i'll look into the IP restriction, thanks again!

Has anyone had any probs w/ the ssh package from that pkgmaster.com site? The update came out on the 26th..

Thanks

installed the pkgmaster SSH pkg, works fine. just make sure you dont lock yourself out like me

Well....

I did the same stupid thing on 4 raqs !
    On 3 i could enable telnet reboot (to flush the rules) but on the 4th i'm definatly locked out

me->

I guess i have to try the webmin suggestion and i will leave the ports at the default this time.

Erhm...
    Does anyone have the link to that cobalt-aid site?

cobalt-aid.sourceforge.net

good luck, webmin saved me big time