Letterhead Query

Hi all, I think this is the best place to put this.

If I have a letterhead designed in inDesign, is there anyway to get it into MS Word so that it can be used?

Thanks

Start here...
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...348991033.aspx

you have to paste your images in t he"Header & Footers" section from the view menu

yeh i know about that option, cheers for input though

its more of a full page letter head i was hoping there was someway to have it set as a background or something

http://www.overnightprints.com/main....art_letterhead

upload your image and get some printed if it has a b/g image or gradient. You did it at 300dpi, right?

Sorry let me clarify what im looking for, i have printed letter heads, but this is so that when sending invoices, letters over email they look the same as if they were printed, does that make sense? That is why I was wondering if there was a way using word or even adobe acrobat professional to set a background image?

Why not just print it onto your pages and then use those as your paper when you make a word document?

Quote Originally Posted by deastwood
    Sorry let me clarify what im looking for, i have printed letter heads, but this is so that when sending invoices, letters over email they look the same as if they were printed, does that make sense? That is why I was wondering if there was a way using word or even adobe acrobat professional to set a background image?
    In Word, you can insert anything you want into a header or footer, and position it anywhere on the page while still editing those sections. It's a matter of inserting the image into the header/footer, then "floating" the image by using the image edit toolbar and making it so the image allows text to pass right over it (the icon shows an image with lines through it). Once you set that and the margins so text doesn't overlap in the wrong places, save as a template. When starting a new doc, use that template.

If you mean to then use that template as a background in an email, I think the only way is to save it as an image, and use that as a BG in your mail client...but not everyone will see it that way.
    If you meant use a Word doc and send that via email, you should be able to do that from within Word, provided your email client will allow it (typically OE or Outlook).
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Thanks Bear, didn't realise you could do that, cheers for actually reading the question aswell before replying .

No problem. I only knew this because a client asked it of me and I had to learn it to help her.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

i was looking more to see if there was a way to merge documents but that way is far easier, you have saved me a lot of hassle.