Established provider for sale!

Well I made my decision and man was it hard. HomepageUniverse is officially for sale. Here is a little about us.

• HomepageUniverse started in April of 2000, so will be seven years old in April.
    • We host over 7000 sites and over 9000 domains are currently registered with us.
    • 500 new domains are registered with us every month.
    • Approx. 90 new hosting packages are purchased each month.
    • We also host thousands of email accounts via our DomainMail service.
    • We also sell secure certificates and dedicated servers.
    • All marketing is word of mouth, and 95% of clients have been gathered this way.
    • Last year it made a 53% gross profit, a 6.5% increase over the previous year.
    • The business has been in profit from day one, and does not owe a penny.
    • Annual revenue has increased year on year.

I chose to sell due to personal circumstances, and also a desire to try new opportunities away from the hosting industry. I am still very much in love with the business, so need it to be sold to a professional buyer.

Two offers have already been received, equivalent to one years revenue, but HPU is worth more due to its established client base and stable business and financial assets. It will be sold to the highest bidder.

Please reply to this topic or email me directly at joelmoss [@] homepageuniverse [dot] com with any questions and offers.
    Joel Moss
    ==============================
    Check out my Switchboard, Then get yours for free
    Need help building your business? Contact me

what bin are u looking for?
    please pm me
    Best web hosting provider - www.prudenthost.com

What's your gross revenue?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

You know what? Everyone has asked the same question, so I think I will simply post it here.

Annual gross revenue is 175,000 (US$350,000).

Also, I have to say that the reaction to my post here has far exceeded my expectations. So if you are interested, please let me know ASAP.

Cheers all
    Joel Moss

Do you have counsel or a broker working with you on this transaction, or are you doing a person <-> person deal?

Thanks,
    Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by sirius
    Do you have counsel or a broker working with you on this transaction, or are you doing a person <-> person deal?

Thanks,
    Sirius
    Person to person deal.
    Joel Moss

We are also interested in discussing the purchase. Please contact me at jamesbelaugh (at) excite.com

Please give me any and all details regarding what you are selling at <<e-mail removed by request>>
    Last edited by CArmstrong; 03-01-2007 at 05:46 PM.

Just a little update.

The response I have received from this post has been tremendous, however most offers have all included some sort of spread payment or installments. Unfortunately this is not a route that I want to take, unless of course the offer is simply brilliant!

So please bear this in mind when making your offer or expressing your interest.

Again, thank you to all of you. The business is still up for sale, but I doubt it will be for much longer.
    Joel Moss

I am interested and can pay in full please send details to

admin[at]aptohosting.com

Thank you
    Tom
    www.AptoHosting.com
    The Most Adapatable Hosting Solution On The Planet!

Quote Originally Posted by Aptohosting
    I am interested and can pay in full please send details to

admin[at]aptohosting.com

Thank you
    Tom
    Email sent. Thx for your interest.
    Joel Moss

Emailed you back!
    www.AptoHosting.com
    The Most Adapatable Hosting Solution On The Planet!

not received it yet. Going to bed now, so I will let you know in the morning if I still don't have it.

You may also want to PM your questions.
    Joel Moss

re: provider for sale

Hi Joel,

Has the business sold? I would like more information at matt at ghis dot com.

Thanks,

Matt

Still available, but not sure for how much longer. It seems that buyers just don't have that kind of cash available.

I've sent you an email.
    Joel Moss

Quote Originally Posted by ghisNET
    Hi Joel,

Has the business sold? I would like more information at matt at ghis dot com.

Thanks,

Matt
    Sent you an email, but it just bounced back, saying "no such user". Is that the correct address? You can email me directly at joelmoss at homepageuniverse.com if you wish.
    Joel Moss

Sold!

OK guys, I want to thank you all for your interest in the sale of HomepageUniverse over the last few months. I am happy to tell you all that I completed the sale last week and HPU is now out of my hands.

This now means that am able to help you with your hosting business. I was inundated with offers of interest in the sale, but unfortunately of these interested parties owned smaller hosting businesses that were unable to offer what HPU was worth, yet they were still interested. But more than anything, it seems that they were interested in me and my experience running a successful and profitable hosting business.

So, now that there is no conflict of interest, I would love to hear from you all as to how I can help your business achieve what mine did in just a few short years.

So if you need assistance in any way, I would love to work with you in a consultancy role, and build your business into what is can be.

Please PM me or email me directly at joel [at] joelmoss.info. I can also be reached on windows messenger at the same address.

As an HPU single handedly, I can help you with anything, including, but not limited to:

• business development
    • Infrastructure
    • Programming
    • Site design and branding
    • marketing
    • customer support
    • tech support

So please get in touch, I would love to chat and help you with anything I can.
    Joel Moss