Steadfast.net best. service. ever!

It's been several months since my last review of Steadfast.net

I'll take a moment and mention that just earlier last year I left Steadfast to try out
    another provider, Softlayer.

When I left I had been at Steadfast for over a year worth of service. There were a few ups and downs but nothing too serious. After a small network oddity that I was unable to resolve I abandoned Steadfast. Oops, my bad.

I came back running after my stint at Softlayer. For over a year previously I was thoroughly satisfied with Steadfast's team. They're warm, welcoming and always prompt.

Knowledgeable? You bet.
    On a few instances when I've had hardware go bad they immediately take care of things. Within a few moments the new part is in and I'm up providing service to the net again.

I've never dealt with a more amazing team at any provider. When I contact them I can expect real responses from real people. There's no outsourced support, their 100% uptime SLA has been amazing for me.

Finally someone I can trust to keep me up and connected.

http://www.steadfast.net
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

I'll take a moment and mention that just earlier last year I left Steadfast to try out
    another provider, Softlayer.
    I thought you left due to excessive network outages? You made a huge thread all about it

oh well

You'll be hard pressed to find a genuinely negative review of Steadfast.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    I thought you left due to excessive network outages? You made a huge thread all about it

oh well
    I did as somewhat described in my thread:
    After a small network oddity that I was unable to resolve I abandoned Steadfast. Oops, my bad.
    They weren't outages. There was a small timeout that was continuing to occur for some of my larger clients. The only remaining option was to lose the client or run for the high hills.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Just had to toss an update to this thread after another absolutely amazing set of support tickets from Steadfast.

I don't think there's another provider on the planet that could satisfy me like these guys in Chicago.

Thank you once again Karl, Ray and Kevin.
    Kudos -- beers on me when I get to Chicago.
    David

Ray and Kevin at Steadfast are the best support guys I have worked with!
    Tommy Tran - tommy @ vinax.net ::: VINAX, LLC ::: http://vinax.net ::: Since 2004
    Premium Dedicated Servers and Colocation in downtown Chicago (350 E. Cermak Rd)
    Premium Bandwidth, 100% Network & Power Uptime SLA, 24/7 Prompt Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by ServerVina
    Ray and Kevin at Steadfast are the best support guys I have worked with!
    agreed

I am glad they changed thier billing system as well. Before it wasnt so hot.

I am a happy Steadfast client as well.

However, the servers seem to be down at the moment.

-Davide

Quote Originally Posted by PQControls
    I am a happy Steadfast client as well.

However, the servers seem to be down at the moment.

-Davide
    Have you done a traceroute?

There is a issue with Savvis in Chicago causing very high packet loss...

Yes, I used HyperSpin.

They seem to be back online now though.

PQControls, we were not down, and our one minute Hyperspin reports did not show any downtime. Last night there were definitely Savvis related issues due to maintenance, but no outage.
    Last edited by sirius; 03-11-2007 at 09:19 PM.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Personally, I would base my research on hosts, not in this review but others reviews, as Steadhost is one of the hosts that get advertized in your hosting review site

Quote Originally Posted by totos
    Personally, I would base my research on hosts, not in this review but others reviews, as Steadhost is one of the hosts that get advertized in your hosting review site
    There are many hosts listed within his site, Steadfast is just one of them. I do not believe anyone is paying Hostjury to be listed on the site, as such David's reviews can be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by totos
    Steadfast doesn't have an affiliate program in the first place.
    I do not get anything from listing them on my site -- just providing a resource to users!
    David

In my opinion...

It dosen't get much better then Steadfast. Especially for gaming the pings the network the staff is flawless.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Steadfast doesn't have an affiliate program in the first place.
    I do not get anything from listing them on my site -- just providing a resource to users!
    Hope this is true....