Windows Hosting/Reseller

Im looking for a shared hosting or reseller provider for Windows. I need to host around 3-4 sites. Im not really familiar with any of the Windows hosting panels. Which is a good one.Id really like a panel that would allow automated installs of dotnetnuke and community server. Is there one out there? I opened a godaddy account to play with dotnetnuke and it seems there SQL server is pretty slow. Please point me to a good Windows provider with quick SQL.

Well many of the smaller less oversold hosts will be able to accomodate you. Do you have any idea on how much disk space and bandwidth you're planning to use?

Also, there aren't many control panels that allow the 1-click install of community server, and its highly recommended that you not use these 1-click installs because many times they have out of date software.
    Last edited by MrRadic; 01-26-2007 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redcamel
    .Id really like a panel that would allow automated installs of dotnetnuke and community server. Is there one out there?
    Plesk includes both of these in it's ASP.NET Application Vault. I would guess that most Plesk Windows hosts include this.

I agree with both posts above..... Smaller hosts are usually better as they are not usually oversold like the other giants.
    Plesk is a good panel, However I like Hsphere more but these two are well known.
    as for installs, I would recommend downloading the latest and install it due to automated packages are in many times outdated (stated before) especially when you are using something like dotnetnuke, you always want to make sure you are running the latest. I hope this helps.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

I agree with updating, but not always with the download and install fresh.

It's much easier to use a one click installer then download and perform the update, especially if the client has little knowledge.

The one click installer will do the basics, including permissions, then you simply have to install the updates to have the most recent release.

Quote Originally Posted by XSI-Larry
    I agree with updating, but not always with the download and install fresh.

It's much easier to use a one click installer then download and perform the update, especially if the client has little knowledge.

The one click installer will do the basics, including permissions, then you simply have to install the updates to have the most recent release.
    Good point
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

I think both control panels are good. I prefer H-Sphere myself but it a personal preference. Depending on your budget you should not have much of a problem finding a good host that meets your requirements. Let us know who you decide to use.

Good luck!

Dave

Definitely a control panel that will install the app for you is a winner for most. Big time and headache saver. HELM has a one click installer, only a handful of apps for it but DNN is one of them, both versions of it in fact.

I'd also try to find a host that's familiar with both apps and has resourced pertaining to both readily available.

Since you're not familiar with the control panels you'll probably want to check out the demos of a couple different ones as well to get a feel for what fits your needs.

Jess
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>