Network Solutions and EPP

Since NSI has seen fit to completely obscure any references to providing exiting domain holders with the EPP codes for .com domains now that they're required, does anyone know how to get one from them? Is it a 7 page, notarized, faxed in triplicate form like in the old days, or is it as simple as asking for it? Been absolutely ages since I've had to deal with them and thier procedures (other than obscuring how to leave) has changed considerably since the last time I did this.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

You'll be glad to know you don't have to send a gazillion fax forms for that.

Here's what I did to get the code:

1. I logged inside.

2. I clicked on the domain name in question.

3. On the line Domain Protect, I clicked Turn off or Request Authorization Code.

4. I checked the box beside Request Authorization Code and clicked Save.

5. I went inside my mailbox.

Voila! I got the email, opened it, and saw the auth/EPP code.

Don't worry guys, I intend to move my domain name out a month before it expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan
    3. On the line Domain Protect, I clicked Turn off or Request Authorization Code.
    Therein lies the problem. All I see next to Domain Protect is the single, unlinked word: "on". No links or buttons anywhere...

...and just for fun:
    "We're sorry, but our site is temporarily taking no more connections. We are working to resolve this problem, and should have it fixed shortly. Please return later." ...probably 'cause I'm moving the name...

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Therein lies the problem. All I see next to Domain Protect is the single, unlinked word: "on". No links or buttons anywhere...
    Only reason I can think of (short of a bug) is you have limited permissions to the
    domain name in question. Netsol considers their "primary contact" as the main one
    who can do anything to the domain name.

Give them a ring. Should solve your problem on the spot.

The domain I was checking was fully mine (but not the one I need to move), so that's not it, but yes, calling seems to be the way. Thanks, Dave.

Hi,

I'm not up an Network Solutions but since SRSPlus is the Reseller Division perhaps their method for the EPP codes is the same. ?

I had posted the method from SRSPlus Support in a thread about SRSPlus EPP codes at

[http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=SRSPlus]

I hope you have success.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Finally managed to get this worked out, and started the transfer process. In all, once I submitted the initial request, I've gotten 7 emails from NS (so far), all begging to stay or renew. This latest one really cheeses me off:
    This is your official notification from Network Solutions® that the service(s) listed below will be deactivated and deleted if not renewed immediately. Previous notifications have been sent to the Billing Contact assigned to this account. As the Primary Contact, you must renew the
    service(s) listed below or it will be deactivated and deleted. Renew Now.
    This is just after they got notification that it was being moved off NS. The name has over 2 weeks left to the registration period at this point, so this is a bit over the top alarmist, wouldn't you say? I'd imagine that renewing with them would halt the transfer, or perhaps only net them one more fee on the way out the door.
    die, NS, die

That's OK!

In my last days with BulkRegister I sent them a notice to cancel my Reseller account.

They replied and told me I still had domains. I replied back and told them to update their database. Those domains were transfered out weeks ago. I even gave them a copy of the New Whois.

They replied back a couple days later saying I was correct.

It has been three weeks now and I still can log into my "old account" that was to be closed.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    This is just after they got notification that it was being moved off NS. The name has over 2 weeks left to the registration period at this point, so this is a bit over the top alarmist, wouldn't you say? I'd imagine that renewing with them would halt the transfer, or perhaps only net them one more fee on the way out the door.
    die, NS, die
    I asked my friend who used to work there why that wording is "needed". He said
    he didn't feel good about it either, but management wanted to "get results".

It so happened that many of their data indicates such. So why not?

It's just a matter of what side of the fence you're on. But it so happens I'm on the
    same side as you that I wish NS woud die.