Hybrid View

* Third Party account info please

Adult dvd company looking for third party processor, who can we work with?

Have great history with negligible cb rates but have found in the past that direct merchant accounts are either too hard to get or they ask for a fortune to start, so looking only for a third party solution at the moment.

Have already looked at 2checkout.com looking for any other reliable company, please share if you know.

I understand this question may have been asked before but stil would appreciate your replies as a lot of the previous threads are not valid anymore.

Thanks

Try to contact webstream.net, I know they work with adult content. Payouts are timely, fees are good for 3rd party, support is good.

thanks, but they look like a hosting company!

Quote Originally Posted by FashionPoint
    Try to contact webstream.net, I know they work with adult content. Payouts are timely, fees are good for 3rd party, support is good.

Go to e-commerce link on their website. They do provide 3rd party processing.

Contact MultiCards, they can also set up direct merchant account if necessary.
    They have been in business since 1995, so they have been around pretty long.

Multicards? any url couln't find on search.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklo
    Contact MultiCards, they can also set up direct merchant account if necessary.
    They have been in business since 1995, so they have been around pretty long.

Where did you perform your search?
    If you look on MultiCards in Google, it is the top result: www.multicards.com

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=Multicards&meta=

Anyway, I do know they accept Adult DVD merchants and have no problem with it.

Thanks a lot, I will check them out

Any others worthy? I will of course give out a report later on my experience with these so we all can learn and benefit later.

Cheers,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Miklo
    Where did you perform your search?
    If you look on MultiCards in Google, it is the top result: www.multicards.com

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=Multicards&meta=

Anyway, I do know they accept Adult DVD merchants and have no problem with it.

I wonder what is the benefit of selling DVDs that have to be actually shipped to customer instead of offering them for download online?
    yes, there are pros and cons to both models but I am sure selling downloadables is easier and more cost effective.
    There will be no "out of stock" problems, no shipping cost, "item non-received" chargebacks, problems with international delivery, etc, etc.
    From the other side you pay for bandwidth and server maintenance. However in the long term I would vouch for online solution.
    What are your reasons to go shippable? Just curious. Thank you.
    Amirocms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leksus
    I wonder what is the benefit of selling DVDs that have to be actually shipped to customer instead of offering them for download online?
    yes, there are pros and cons to both models but I am sure selling downloadables is easier and more cost effective.
    There will be no "out of stock" problems, no shipping cost, "item non-received" chargebacks, problems with international delivery, etc, etc.
    From the other side you pay for bandwidth and server maintenance. However in the long term I would vouch for online solution.
    What are your reasons to go shippable? Just curious. Thank you.
    Very easy: If you ship the items, you will have more chargeback protection, i.e. for people that claim they did not receive the goods. Secondly, it is far more easy to apply for a merchant account for selling Adult DVDs and videos as this will be considered as a retail organization.

If you sell it as a downloadable product, it is considered as an Adult business model, which will be way harder to apply for and you will probably pay a higher commission rate.

@rickyscorner: Have you already tried MultiCards? If so, I can't imagine that they have turned you down. Can you explain?

Miklo,
    Let me disagree with you on this. I think there was a post here about a year ago or so from the guy who tried to run the same business and was looking for a new merchant account. He complained about chargebacks mostly occurred due to "not received" reason. Since DVDs were shipped by regular USPS, there was no proof of delivery available. Shipping with delivery confirmation would cost about $4, which may have negative impact on sales once customers realize they have to pay this. Another problem I remember was chargebacks based on "not as described" and "wrong item sent" that came along with constant "out of stock" problem. So I would estimate risks about the same for both models.

In case of download to control non-delivery is relatively easy. For instance our verification system within first 3 days monitors activation of every login created. At the end of day 3, card is either charged (captured) or voided. System records IP address from which account was activated and matches it with IP address of transaction.
    And you do not need to dance around Adult business model, since there are no subscriptions, memberships, or recurring billing. Although it also may be considered high-risk I do not think it falls under basic adult merchant classification since you still sell DVDs, but with different delivery method.
    Amirocms.com

Thanks.

Multicards approvd me but they have too many condition on what you can and canot show on your website, they seem to have extra strict guidelines form their bank, so wont be suitable.

Anyone have personal experience with securenet?

Quote Originally Posted by Leksus
    Miklo,
    Let me disagree with you on this. I think there was a post here about a year ago or so from the guy who tried to run the same business and was looking for a new merchant account. He complained about chargebacks mostly occurred due to "not received" reason. Since DVDs were shipped by regular USPS, there was no proof of delivery available. Shipping with delivery confirmation would cost about $4, which may have negative impact on sales once customers realize they have to pay this. Another problem I remember was chargebacks based on "not as described" and "wrong item sent" that came along with constant "out of stock" problem. So I would estimate risks about the same for both models.

In case of download to control non-delivery is relatively easy. For instance our verification system within first 3 days monitors activation of every login created. At the end of day 3, card is either charged (captured) or voided. System records IP address from which account was activated and matches it with IP address of transaction.
    And you do not need to dance around Adult business model, since there are no subscriptions, memberships, or recurring billing. Although it also may be considered high-risk I do not think it falls under basic adult merchant classification since you still sell DVDs, but with different delivery method.

Hi

anyone have personal experience processing with Webstream? for how long? any problems?

Thanks

Ricky

I had. No problems at all. Processed for over a year.

Well, Fashionpoint you suggested it Anyone esle had an experience working with this company?

Based on the WebStream 3rd party processing is not their core business. That fact alone just adds more questions.