Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    my first computer was a really slow thing, had bout 5gb diskspace!!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by IsMyLittleName
    my first computer was a really slow thing, had bout 5gb diskspace!!
    My first computer only had 10 MB hard drive, it was an XT 8088, with 640 KB Ram
    CGA graphics card (4 Colors in graphic mode)
    ■ Need an eNom retail/reseller account? PM me
      0 Not allowed!

Ah, the commodore64...the good ole days
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services
      0 Not allowed!

my first one is 386 14 years old
      0 Not allowed!

386, 500MB hard drive .

Can't forget that turbo button, to boost it up to 66 mhz.
      0 Not allowed!

I remember how excited I was when I turned on my TRS-80 and saw the curser blinking.

That was really all it could do, as it came with a cassette recorder (30 baud transfers) for storage and had 4k of ram. Yes, 4,000 bits. We didn't get extras in those days like modems.

Who misses CompuServe?
    -----------------------------------
    AmeriWeb Hosting
    One Stop Business Solutions
    AmeriWeb Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Mine was a AMD 486 DX2 66 4MB RAM 420MB HDD. Upgrade path was 4MB -> 8MB -> 16MB -> 32 MB, MS-DOS => WIN3.1 => WIN 95.

In the last few months of usage, was able to go online with a 33.6 modem & Netscape 3.

It seems like we can somehow judge a person's age based on the PC he/she first used
      0 Not allowed!

My first PC was
    P-I 166MHz MMX
    2GB Hard Drive
    16MB RAM
    1MB VGA Adapter

Currently I own Dell Precision 530 with Intel XEON 1.8 , 1GB RDRAM and 2x18GB SCSI Drives.

And I still have that old PC of mine in my OLD PC's Collection. Tht PC was the start of my carrier in Computer Systems. YAY!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Mine was a BBC

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/....asp?st=1&c=29

the good old days.....
      0 Not allowed!

Mine was an old Amstrad number cant remember what it actually was had some kind of speach recognition on which was pretty fun.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't know the name of the PC anymore as I was still a kid back then. I remember I still have to put a floppy disk during start up. It was the first Windows OS with GUI. Anybody know this?
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>
      0 Not allowed!

I remember my first brand new state of the art 286 PC with 2MB RAM and a 16MB HDD. I remember even mt first RTS played. It was Dune 2 which .arj file could be written on a single 1.44 Floppy disk. Good old times!
    Last edited by delegat; 06-08-2007 at 01:59 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by laughster View Post
    Putting aside the Commodore VIC-20, my first desktop, if I remember it correctly, was a 486DX that had a big "Turbo" button in the front. Toggling the "Turbo" button instantly increased the clock speed from 33MHz to 66MHz or vice versa. It was hilarious playing old games and watch them speed up/slow down. (Sorry couldn't find a picture)
    Ahh yes, back in the days of the turbo button

My first pc was an IBM something... cannot remember its physical specs but it did also have a turbo button
    Custom Cloud Solutions - innoix.com
      0 Not allowed!

My first computer (10years ago) was Pentium 2 350Mhz, that cost a staggering £1200 with monitor, speakers and printer.. and it still works
      0 Not allowed!

Apple IIe was my first real computer. I had the Commodore 64 but only game play on that. Also had the intelevision game system but I think I actually had one of the pong systems as well. HA!! PONG! RIP IT UP. I can kick some serious ARSE on that! Boing - Boing - Boing - Boing - Boing

0 Not allowed!

My first computer (if i remember right ) was a P-I 166MHz MMX, with 4 GB Hard Drive with 16MB RAM, had it about 10ish years ago. Had a 'turbo' button on the front to do something but i can't remember what.
      0 Not allowed!

My first computer was a north 486
      0 Not allowed!

My first computer was a Commodore 64. Man I loved that thing. We got it really cheap from a relative as the dataset port was fried. Ordered one from a few states away, had it replaced and had a good old time.

I remember trying to find anyone who was going to a big city and asking them if they would pick me up the magazines with the old basic programs in them. Man, I loved that stuff. Nothing like making a dragons head appear and then finding out ways to morph it. Those were the days!
      0 Not allowed!

1) Kim-1
    2) Tandy Co-Co 8k ram - Cassette player to save/restore
    3) Apple //c
    4) Mac-512k
    5) Mac-LC
    6-) PC.

-Jason
    Have you considered Semi-dedicated Hosting? 4 - 8 accounts per server. Less overhead than VPS, better performance for the price.
    DopeDomains.com - 15,000 New Domains a day. indexed by Pagerank, backlinks, Hits, and Length.
      0 Not allowed!

My First Pc Was A Compdore 64 , Used To Record The Games Etc. Then A Crappy 286 Run Like The Clappers On Dial-up NOT!! LOL
      0 Not allowed!

Anyone remember recording radio transmissions to tape - and relatives just wondering why the little idiot (me) was listening to hi pitch noise on the radio. That was funky.
      0 Not allowed!

i Think i used to use check mails on yahoo using dos
    it was too difficult and imagine you have to that computer again with black Screen
    you will laugh at yourself

i think I.T. has too much developed during these last 10 years
    the main role in this prosper the credit goes to
    main companies like Microsoft, Intel, IBM and HP.
      0 Not allowed!

IBM 360/65 in a room as big as a house! 1968 - it had 512k of memory (core) and banks of removeable 10 and 20 Mbt disks!
      0 Not allowed!

i thought Pentium 1 was my 1st pc, with 32ram & 10gb hard disk
      0 Not allowed!

MY first computer was pentium 3.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast