What Server Hardware?

I am running a site that sells PHP scripts. I have 30 php/mysql scripts up for demo and just opened the forums recently. We are also setting up a new oscommerce cart system to take orders.

We had a little over 600,000 total hits last month and are averaging around 24000 a day this month. The server the site is currently on is starting to get a load on it (With 179 sites) so we want to move this site to a server of its own.

What is a reasonable hardware setup for a site like this? I want something that will last a while but I do not want a bunch of unused resources. This will be the only site on the server.

Becasue of the server configs I need for all the scripts dedicated is the only option.

Thank you very much fro your time

Dual Core 3.0CPU
    2G RAM
    SCSI DISK
    100Mbit Uplink

Dang I was hoping I could get away with a sempron

Thank you for the response

What are the specs of the current server?

Here's what I have:

Dual Xeon Woodcrest (2 cores each = 4 cores)
    4GB RAM
    2 x 160 GB SATA in RAID1

I'd recommend getting too much rather than risk getting too little server. The price difference won't be much, but you'll benefit from improved performance. And of course you'll be able to stay on that box longer before needing to migrate in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by three80
    I'd recommend getting too much rather than risk getting too little server. The price difference won't be much, but you'll benefit from improved performance. And of course you'll be able to stay on that box longer before needing to migrate in the future.
    I second that. Dont get EXACTLY what you need. Have some wiggle room .
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com