Best place to park a domain?

After some research I have seen the following places recommended for parking a domain: NameDrive, Sedo, Afternic, GoldKey

What I am looking for specifically is a reputable place that has a parked page that looks really good (like a website) and with a the ability to have ads (AdSense) with a good payout.

Any general consensus or any opinions here?

Also some examples of parked pages would be nice for me to check out.

Thank you.

JL

I'm thinking you might want to find inexpensive web hosting, and try to buy content sites with good content and seo. then promote those sites with your own adsense, thats one alternative. But if that is not acceptable to you, I would also like to know about some alternatives. I use sedo for some of my domains.

please message me if you find a good source, would like to be in touch with you.

Molly

Jinny,

I've got 4 domains parked with NameDrive, 1 with Sedo and 1 with 1stplus

The 4 with Namedrive are doing fine - especially as I'm a beginner and have had to learn as I go along - the 1 with Sedo is dull because I can' f figure out how to change the layout which is boring, The 1 with 1stplus is doing nothing as I can't figure out how to get the ads on it - 1stplus is different to the others you get more control over what you can do - News, Blog, Park - but you've got to sign up to ad programs separately.

So its Namedrive for me - I would put the names up here but som e of them are vaguely adult and I don't want to get into trouble - PM me if you want the names -

2 domains you can look at are Matchboxesonline.com (dating oriientated) and itgrowsontrees.com - (business/finance) both with Namedrive
    Let me know how you get on. :-)

P.S. I dont think Sedo and Namedrive let you use Adsense - if I'm wrong maybe someone will correct me, as it would be good to be able to.

Jinny,

I've tried to edit my reply but can't - all I would say is that if you look at my two sites - don't click on any od the ads. They don't like people clickng on ads that are not genuine prospectiv ebuyers, and they have ways of finding out !

try NameDrive first, then Goldkey. You won't get the best returns at Sedo/Afternic. You can get a good review of the different parking companies and sample pages here... www.ppcincome.com
    Signature Under Construction.

I recently went through this myself and the consensus was goldkey and namedrive. Afternic might be good but you need an exchange account which costs $19.95/yr so it might be best to start with something free. I applied to goldkey and the page said they would email back in 24 hrs. It's been 7 days so I guess they don't want me. Tho a generic sorry canned response would've been nice. I'm using namedrive now. On their home page you can use the sandbox with your domain to see how it will look, you can customize all the templates and keywords (its the same interface as you use to do it for real.

I have been using sedo since long but am pretty unhappy with the results. I have about 200 domains parked with them

May be I will try out goldkey and namedrive based on what other WHT members are suggesting and see if something good happens ...
    Logo Design Team - Custom Logo Design for an affordable $149 Only.

Holiday Logo Design - Don't envy Google and its fun logos! Now, have your own set of exclusive holiday logos.

I use www.iMonetize.com is tries basically all PPC providers and maximizes each name based on how they perform at all the sites.
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out my 2021 WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks, the most comprehensive look at WP hosting performance

It seems some people are not too happy with Goldkey. I tried to post the link but apparently I need to have made 5 posts before I can post a link ! So you are gonna have to go to namepros.com and do a search on Goldkey - some people are not happy at all - accounts been closed and 500 bucks flushed down the pan with no good explanation - I was going to open an account with them - don't think I'll bother now - don't know what the truth of the story is but I don't want to waste my time finding out.

Lets see if this post gets past the censor.

Quote Originally Posted by logodesignteam
    I have been using sedo since long but am pretty unhappy with the results. I have about 200 domains parked with them

May be I will try out goldkey and namedrive based on what other WHT members are suggesting and see if something good happens ...
    why you unhappy? i mean any reason?

I would imagine that his returns on parking his domains at Sedo are below his expectations. It's generally well known they give amongst the lowest payouts.

JL. I suppose you mentioned these 4 parking companies simply because these are the companies with no set minimum requirements as to the number of domains or traffic. My previous reply was from that perspective, since I know you are only just considering entering the domain business. There are many other companies which generally offer better returns than these 4 if you have a portfolio of domains.

Last 1 year no enquiries have generated. And hits have generated only about 3 UK Pounds

About 200 domains ....

Quote Originally Posted by eglim
    why you unhappy? i mean any reason?
    Logo Design Team - Custom Logo Design for an affordable $149 Only.

Holiday Logo Design - Don't envy Google and its fun logos! Now, have your own set of exclusive holiday logos.

i am also looking for good payout parking services.

my experience about sedo is average...
    i have 18 domains with them from 7 months and i get near 210 euros. One of my domain sale out for 2877 US$.

Quote Originally Posted by kohashi
    I use www.iMonetize.com is tries basically all PPC providers and maximizes each name based on how they perform at all the sites.
    Kevin,

Thanks for the tip for iMonetize. I have a small portfolio of domains (40) that I have just put a basic webpage and basic SEO into with adsense. In 6 months I have not seen anything. So for kicks I signed up with iMonetize and gave them 10 domains and I signed up with NameDrive and gave them 4 domains. I signed up with GoldKey and they never replied to my sign up request. The iMonetize method looks and sounds promising.

Thanks again!

Dave

how much money can one earn by parking a domain. I wanted to sell few of my websites but wanted to try once by using parking.

chaya

There are way too many factors which influence the money you can make from parking. They must, of course have traffic, primarily. That's why it makes no sense to park newly registered domains, since they don't get any natural traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by chayadevi
    how much money can one earn by parking a domain. I wanted to sell few of my websites but wanted to try once by using parking.

chaya
    well it base on country clicking from and also keywords. some keywords are high paid and some less.